- Italy, France Reject Snowden Asylum Requests
- Where in the World Can Edward Snowden Go?
- Bolivian President’s Plane Diverted Over Snowden - FM
- Twitter Tracks Snowden Asylum Saga From Moscow to Hans Island
- US Talking to Potential Asylum Countries About Snowden’s Return
MOSCOW, July 5 (RIA Novosti) – Fugitive former US intelligence contractor Edward Snowden has sent asylum requests to six more countries, anti-secrecy organization WikiLeaks said Friday.
“Snowden has applied to another six countries for asylum. They will not be named at this time due to attempted US interference,” WikiLeaks, which has said it is assisting the former NSA contractor, wrote on its Twitter blog.
Snowden, who is believed to be holed up in the transit zone of Moscow’s Sheremetyevo Airport, has previously filed more than two dozen asylum requests but most of them have been rejected.
Russia was one of the countries on Snowden’s original list, but he withdrew his request after President Vladimir Putin said Monday that he could only stay in Russia if he “stopped his work aimed at harming our US partners.”
Snowden has accused US President Barack Obama of “pressuring the leaders” of countries that could grant him refuge.
South American nations Bolivia and Venezuela have expressed possible support, but 11 of the 21 governments on the original WikiLeaks list have said Snowden must be on their respective territories to request political asylum, CNN reported Tuesday.
Meanwhile, three of the countries – Brazil, India and Poland – have rejected his request outright.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- BlizzardEU Parliament on this issue17:37, 06/07/2013It is absolutely shameful Putin's behave in this case. Listen to EU parliament and you will see what EU thinks about "US Partner" There are only few ultraconservative right wing politicians from UK, Spain and Italy that support US. all other are against it. Some EU parliamentarian groups requested that EU should grant Asylum to Mr Snowden.
You wont be disappointed.
Image Galleries: Yury Gagarin: Life of the First Man in Space in Pictures
Infographics: History of the Paralympic Games
We have witnessed the total defeat of western Ukraine, Western nationalists and the West in general, which made the unfortunate decision to support the anti-government activity. They failed to realize that the collapse of Yanukovych means the collapse of Ukrainian unity. They set fire to their own home and planted a time bomb under Ukraine’s territorial integrity.