Amid complaints of lack of access to the crash site of Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17, Ukraine “immediately violated” its commitment to cease military activity in the zone around the site, Russian Ambassador to the United Nations Vitaly Churkin told the UN Security Council late Wednesday.
Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Grigory Karasin in a telephone conversation with German Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs Markus Ederer expressed hope that upcoming meeting in Minsk between Kiev authorities and independence supporters from the southeast of Ukraine will show positive results, the statement issued by the Russian Foreign Ministry said Thursday.
Western sanctions imposed against Crimea will allow local authorities to focus on region’s most competitive business areas, former governor of Sevastopol Alexei Chaliy said in an interview with Russia's Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper.
The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) has given an order to mobilize 16,000 additional reserve forces for its Gaza operation, bringing the total number of reservists called to 86,000 since July 8, Agence France-Presse reported Thursday, citing a Israeli military source.
- US Urging Asian Countries to Support New Sanctions Against Russia – Reports
- Russia Concerned by Reports of Kiev Using Ballistic Missiles in Eastern Ukraine
- Donetsk Militia Plans to Join Three-Party Talks on Ukraine in Minsk
- Putin Vows Assistance in Taking Ill Children Out of Crisis-Hit East Ukraine
- EU Sanctions Against Russia to Deal ‘Heavy Blow’ to Polish Economy - Expert
- Russian Naval Destroyer Moving to Mediterranean