The top leader of the Taliban Islamic movement, Mullah Mohammad Omar, has claimed victory in the War in Afghanistan over the US-led NATO forces in a special address to his supporters released on the occasion of Eid al-Adha Muslim holiday, Khaama Press reported on Thursday.
The Russian National Women’s Volleyball Team defeated Bulgaria at the start of the second round of the 2014 FIVB Volleyball World Championships in Modena, Italy on Tuesday, with a score of 3:1, Izvestia reported.
- Putin Tells Merkel Further Shelling of Civilians in Eastern Ukraine Must Be Prevented
- Putin, Merkel Support Rapid Resolution of Ukraine’s Gas Crisis
- Russian Pilots Found Polar Bear Cub Wandering Alone in Arctic
- Lavrov: 400 Bodies Found in Ukraine Mass Graves Are Evidence of War Crime
- Barroso to Putin: EU Concerned About Possible Trade Barriers Between Russia, Ukraine
- Former Honduras President Slams US for Interfering in Country's Affairs
The President of the state-run monopoly Russian Railways, Vladimir Yakunin, spoke to Rossiya Segodnya on Friday, touching on subjects including the ongoing crisis in Ukraine and its effect on the company, the new round of Western-imposed sanctions, exciting new projects which are being undertaken by the railway giant, and more. The head of the multi-billion dollar company noted that while recent sanctions may have affected his options when it comes to tourism, cooperation with Western partners continues.
The Plekhanov Russian University of Economics (PRUE) is introducing several new degree programs this academic year. In an interview with Rossiya Segodnya, the university’s Vice Principal, Leonid Bragin, talks student exchange programs, dual degrees and teaching in English.