- North Korea to Continue Satellite Launches - Leader
- North Korea Says Satellite In Orbit, NORAD Confirms
- North Korea Launches Long-Range Rocket
- North Korea May Delay Rocket Launch
MOSCOW, December 22 (RIA Novosti) - North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has called for further development of space technology and the launching of more rockets following the successful launch of one earlier this month, Kyodo reported on Saturday.
"You should develop and launch a variety of more working satellites including communications satellite and carrier rockets of bigger capacity," the official Korean Central News Agency quoted Kim as telling scientists and other people involved in the rocket launch.
On December 12, a North Korean three-stage rocket sent a Kwangmyongsong-3 satellite into orbit, drawing criticism from the international community and calls for stronger sanctions by the United Nations.
North Korea claims its new rocket was intended for putting a satellite into space for peaceful purposes, but the international community has widely condemned what it believes to be the development and testing of an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) intended to carry nuclear warheads.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- vusi(no title)17:42, 22/12/2012you cannot call the world most oppressive nations USA/EU and few of their servant japan, South korea the international community. The entire Africa is happy with the DPRK, The entire middle east didn't not oppose it, most of asia is ok with it, east europe is fine with it, so why speak of international community?
Image Galleries: Yury Gagarin: Life of the First Man in Space in Pictures
Infographics: History of the Paralympic Games
We have witnessed the total defeat of western Ukraine, Western nationalists and the West in general, which made the unfortunate decision to support the anti-government activity. They failed to realize that the collapse of Yanukovych means the collapse of Ukrainian unity. They set fire to their own home and planted a time bomb under Ukraine’s territorial integrity.