- North Korea Says Satellite In Orbit, NORAD Confirms
- North Korea Launches Long-Range Rocket
- North Korea Starts Disassembling Rocket - Agency
- North Korea Extends Rocket Launch Window
TOKYO, December 13 (RIA Novosti) - North Korean leader Kim Jong-un said the country would go ahead with its space program, including satellite launches, Yonhap reported on Thursday.
The December 12 rocket launch “demonstrated North Korea’s resolute determination to benefit from its legitimate right for the further use of space for peaceful means; for scientific, technical and economic development of the country,” the North Korean leader said in a statement published by the official KCNA news agency.
“Satellite launches should continue for further development of the country’s science,” Kim added.
North Korea’s official news agency announced that the Unha-3 carrier rocket has delivered into orbit the second version of Kwangmyongsong-3 satellite on Wednesday.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- mikaelforsbergGo ahead North-Korea08:41, 14/12/2012It is definitely a good sign that ever more countries reaches space exploration and shows that even small economic resources makes rocket science possible. That should stimulate other low budget countries to follow suit and soon every country in the world should have space technology as part of their national infrastructure.
Russia and the West Have Conspired to Tear Ukraine Apart. Both Sides Must Stand Down Now or Face the Consequences
We’re now witnessing the consequences of how grossly both Russia and the West have overplayed their hands in Ukraine. It is urgently necessary that both should find ways of withdrawing from some of the positions that they have taken. Otherwise, the result could very easily be civil war, Russian invasion, the partition of Ukraine, and a conflict that will haunt Europe for generations to come.