Topic: Israel-Gaza Violence
- Egypt Warns Israel of ‘Price to Pay’
- Gaza Strip and South Israel: Life Under Siege
- Three Israelis Killed by Gaza Rocket Attack
- Israel ‘Ready to Expand’ Gaza Operation
MOSCOW, November 16 (RIA Novosti) - Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov on Friday called on Israelis and Palestinians to show restraint, the Russian Foreign Ministry reported.
In a phone conversation with his Israeli counterpart Avigdor Lieberman, Lavrov “called on the sides involved [in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict] to show restraint and not follow the path of escalating violence that often results in the death of innocent civilians.”
Israel launched its attack on the Palestinian enclave of 1.7 million on Wednesday, with an airstrike that killed the head of the military wing of the Hamas militant group, Ahmed al-Jabari. The airstrike came after a reported surge in rocket attacks on Israeli border towns from Gaza, which has been governed by Hamas since 2007. Over 20 Palestinians and three Israelis have been reported killed since the start of the operation.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- mishkaIt s like Hollywood made.03:42, 17/11/2012It s a well fictioned perfect American plan.
Let me try to guess what will happen in the following days.
Israel will raise it s attacks and massacres in Gaza. And some days or weeks later after some negotiations with Turkey it will be convinced for a ceasefire. And those are the targets of the scenario will be achived with this conflict.
1. all the infrastructure of Hamas will be destroyed. Future risks and threats from Gaza will be eleminated.
2. America will solve all the disputes and frictions of it's allies in the region, Turkey and Israel. After those negotiations it will have been astablished good relations between the countries again.
3. All the actors will have political achievements and advantages in international platform and in their own domestic politics. Turkish P.M. Erdogan -who has an aim and target for radical changings in the regime and to be first Turkish president- needs PR activities before such a challenging election. It will be polished his image in his own country and in Arab world as a leader can stop Israel. The hero of Palestinians and all Arabs. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu needs PR work too. Before the elections in December he will be braveheart Jewish hero in his country. And Obama as a new reelected US president will has shown to his allies who is the boss in the key region middle east.
It has a happy end for everybody except for Palestinians.
Image Galleries: Yury Gagarin: A down-to-earth person
Infographics: The Linguistic Diversity of the Planet
Ukraine has not preserved its 1991 borders. The signing of the Geneva memorandum on April 17 reaffirmed the willingness of Russia, the United States and EU countries to reach a compromise. While the sides continue to trade tough talk and symbolic sanctions, the Kremlin and the White House are also holding a parallel dialogue on the coordinated geopolitical revision of Eastern Europe.