Topic: Protests in Syria
ANKARA, October 5 (RIA Novosti)
- UN Security Council Condemns Syria Attack on Turkey
- Turkey Warns Syria Against Further Attacks
- EU Condemns Syria Shelling in Turkey
- Turkey Seeks Clearance for Cross-border Strikes on Syria
- Turkish Army Holds Drills on Syria Border
Turkey does not want a war with Syria but cannot rule out armed conflict, Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on Friday.
“We do not advocate war but we are not far from it,” he said.
He warned that those who are trying to put Turkey’s “deterrence policy” to the test are making a “deadly mistake.”
“We are not bluffing - we will stand by our course whatever it takes,” Erdogan said.
He warned Syrian President Bashar al-Assad against “testing Turkey’s patience.”
The Turkish parliament on Thursday authorized military action inside Syria. Erdogan said the authorization was purely deterrent but he also warned against doubting his country's resolve.
Lawmakers passed a bill by 320-129 vote authorizing troops to launch cross-border operations against Syria and strikes against Syrian targets for a period of one year in response to Syria's deadly shelling of a Turkish town.
The UN has condemned the attack from Syria "in the strongest terms." A statement by the Security Council called on the Syrian government to "fully respect the sovereignty and territorial integrity of its neighbors".
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- living069Turkey DOES want war07:07, 06/10/2012NATO cannot invade otherwise, they are using this false flag to invade.
The proof is that turkey started building up on the borders over 2 months ago.
- Michael JohnathenMr. Erdogan05:11, 07/10/2012If we are to believe you don't want war, perhaps you should stop having meetings with Clinton and allowing terrorists to cross into Syria from your territory.
Image Galleries: Yury Gagarin: Life of the First Man in Space in Pictures
Infographics: History of the Paralympic Games
We have witnessed the total defeat of western Ukraine, Western nationalists and the West in general, which made the unfortunate decision to support the anti-government activity. They failed to realize that the collapse of Yanukovych means the collapse of Ukrainian unity. They set fire to their own home and planted a time bomb under Ukraine’s territorial integrity.