Topic: Anti-Islam movie protests
WASHINGTON, September 21 (RIA Novosti)
- Hezbollah Urges New Lebanon Protests over Anti-Islam Movie
- West Calls for End to Anti-Muslim Movie-Sparked Protest
- White House Denies Prior Knowledge of Libyan Attack
- Libya Makes Arrests Over U.S. Embassy Attack
- United States Confronted by Arab Spring’s Turbulent Wake
- Obama Condemns Killing of U.S. Ambassador to Libya
Extremists used the controversial film “Innocence of Muslims” as a pretext to carry out worldwide attacks against the interests of the United States, President Barack Obama said.
“What we do know is that the natural protests that arose because of the outrage over the video were used as an excuse by extremists to see if they can also directly harm U.S. interests,” Obama said.
The U.S.-produced amateur video, which denigrates Islam's Prophet Muhammad, has sparked widespread protests across the Middle East and North Africa, some of which have turned violent.
U.S. Ambassador to Libya Chris Stephens and three embassy staff were killed during an attack on the U.S. consulate in the Libyan city of Benghazi earlier this month.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- WestKazakObama is a liar09:02, 21/09/2012Obama is using the film as an excuse as to why America is being attacked in the Middle East. Obama hides the truth that the Middle East is tired of US military aggression in their home countries. Obama is worse than Hitler. He has expanded the war started by Bush in Iraq and taken it to other countries in the Middle East. Obama broke his 2008 promise that he would bring the all the troops home for the Summer in 2009.
- MattObama is Hypocrite10:57, 21/09/2012While the US panders to Islamic fundamentalists, the US State Dept got Myanmar leader Ang San Suu Kyi to endorse the actions of the Pussy Riots during her visit to the US right now. The "Innocence of Muslims" is legal in the United States while the actions of Pussy Riots will be deemed illegal anywhere, even in Islamic countries. Yet the US persists in this anti-Christian and anti-Russian activity even while its embassies are getting attacked.
Where is the sanity in all these?
The solution to the Ukrainian problem will directly depend on how the military operations unfold in Donbass. If the militia fighters take over the strategic initiative, win back Donbass and extend the war to the Zaporozhye and the Kharkov regions, then Kiev will be more amenable to a compromise