MOSCOW, August 11 (RIA Novosti)
- Russia’s Baltic Fleet to Hold Large-Scale Drills in Kaliningrad Exclave
- Russian Warships Arrive at U.S. Pearl Harbor for Joint Drills
- Russia’s Yaroslav Mudry Warship to Join Baltic Sea Drills
- Russian Warship Sails to Baltic Sea for NATO Naval Drills
- Russian Military to Hold Over 1,000 Drills in June-October
A Russian joint naval task force on a training mission in the Mediterranean has conducted two-day tactical exercises with live-firing drills, the Defense Ministry said.
The task force comprises three large amphibious assault ships, two Neustrashimy class frigates, an Udaloy class destroyer and two support ships from Russia’s Northern, Baltic and Black Sea Fleets.
“In the past two days the task force held tactical exercises which included firing drills involving on-board artillery and missile systems,” the ministry said on Friday.
The warships will head to the Russian naval base of Novorossiisk after additional training in the central part of the Mediterranean later this month.
Contrary to media reports, the task force will not call at the Russian supply and maintenance facility at the Syrian port of Tartus.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.