MOSCOW, July 5 (RIA Novosti)
- ICJ Ruling on Iran S-300 Claim ‘Pending’
- Iran Reports ‘Progress’ on Indigenous S-300 Missile
- Russia: No Plans to Resume S-300 Sales to Iran
- Iran ‘has no legal case’ against Russia over scrapped S-300 deal
Iran’s Defense Ministry and The Aerospace Industries Organization have launched a $4 bln law suit against Russia’s state arms corporation Rosoboronexport in an international court in Geneva over a deal to buy missiles suspended by Russia, Rosoboronexport said in its annual report.
“The case was started on April 13, 2011. The subject of the case is “Possible damages of $3,985,159,773.32 to fulfil obligations for delivery of special property,” the report says in reference to ongoing legal cases.
The case has not yet been heard, the report says.
In June 2010, the UN Security Council passed a resolution imposing sanctions on Iran, including suspension of arms deliveries. Russia responded by saying it would cancel a contract to deliver S-300 missiles to Iran, and subsequently returned a $166.8 million deposit.
Iran has previously applied to the International Court of Justice to try to force Russia to fulfil the terms of a 2007 contract to deliver S-300 air defense missile systems or pay compensation.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- SirkoSell Iran the missiles.02:08, 07/07/2012Very foolish not to sell them the missiles, both economically and geo-politically. She has the right to defend herself from the western hyenas...
- ruypenalvaRussia seems to be02:55, 07/07/2012Russia seems to be an unreliable partner.
- SirkoThat is because...07:31, 07/07/2012The Soviet Union was a socialist country and hence not a slave to a market economy and as such could take the western fascist on at any time.Today things are more complicated for Russia and hence she is now attached to the world economies and as such they, "the Capitalistas" can wag her chain...
Image Galleries: 10 Animals on the Verge of Extinction
Infographics: One Day Without Gasoline