MOSCOW, July 1 (RIA Novosti)
- Israel Warns 'Iran Six' Against Concessions to Tehran
- Israel to Use All Means to Stop Iran’s Nuclear Program
- Israel May Attack Iran over Next 4 Months – U.S. media
- Iran Can Produce Four Atom Bombs – Israeli Intelligence
- Israeli defense minister evasive on Iran strike possibility
Iran will respond with its new domestically-made anti-radar ballistic missiles if Israel attacks the Islamic republic, IRNA quoted on Sunday the Commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps’ (IRGC) Aerospace Unit, Amir Ali Hajizadeh as saying.
Speaking at the press conference in Tehran on Sunday, Hajizadeh said that Iran was at the final stages of producing its new anti-radar ballistic missiles that had a range of 300 kilometers, were “able to target any radar centers on land or sea with high accuracy and destroy it several times faster than the speed of sound,” IRNA reported.
Hajizadeh also said that Iran will respond if Israel “ventures an attack” on the Islamic republic, according to IRNA.
The IRGC commander announced that Iran would start the three-day military drills on July 2 in southeastern Sistan-Baluchestan province that would include long-range, medium-range and short-range missiles' launches.
The drills will follow the next day after the EU-brokered embargo on Iranian oil exports comes into force on Sunday.
Iranian Oil Minister Rostam Qasemi downplayed on Sunday the sanctions’ effect, saying that “these sanctions have existed for many years and nothing has happened and one should not anticipate anything new,” Iran’s state broadcaster IRIB reported.
Western nations suspect Iran, which is already under four sets of UN Security Council sanctions, of pursuing a secret nuclear weapons program but Tehran insists it needs nuclear power solely for civilian purposes.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- ruypenalvaEverybody knows that02:37, 02/07/2012Everybody knows that Iran is lying when says that. Without an effective guidance system, a satellite constellation, master of inertial guidance how Iran could build a serious anti-missile system?
- antfre(no title)16:39, 02/07/2012The same rhetoric as North Korea. The most ludicrous alliance in history is this one of communist and fundamentalist Islamists.
- sohelsaheen@antfree20:19, 02/07/2012@antfre...what good is doing the capitalist and international bandit USA-NATO.Israel??? They have killed millions in Iraq and Afghanistan. Iran and N Korea still to kill hundreds!!! Besides this the Western world is just EXPLOITING the entire world to steal their resources keeping behind billions in hungry. So stop stupidity saying one is better than the other. GROW UP!!!
- PlutardsThe bad economy of the USA and DRONES20:13, 02/07/2012The American Space Program is in crisis when the USA depends on Russian spaceships. The American Army is in crisis too, so that the little budget available to the USA can only afford DRONES. The United States is in recession and stagnation with unemployment leading to the Drone Initiative for the US army as the only military solution.
- antfreIran threatens Israel.....00:43, 03/07/2012My dear Plutard, the day that EEUU becomes as weak as yo are implying here, the Russians won't way one minute before they jump on their jugular. The only force that has stopped the world from falling in the hands of an international dictatorship is America. U know you will reply that America is the international dictatorship, but that will no be a good response. You have to try smething better.
- SirkoWhat...!!!20:21, 02/07/2012The world has had missiles from the V1 and V2. to the present.
Throughout the entire fifties and sixties there was no need satellites, constellations, yada, yada, only a simple gyro guidance system for the old ICBMs. So I suppose the Iranians who have proven to be very intelligent people are quite capable of building effective weaponry to reach anywhere in the Mid East, or launching satellites for that matter, at least the many students I've taught were very good in the discipline of Physics.
Also, a friendly reminder that some of your English is a bit confusing...What do Communists and Islamists have to do with the issue?
August 22 marks 110th anniversary of the birth of Deng Xiaoping, the architect of reforms in the People’s Republic of China. His role in shaping the history of modern China is difficult to overstate. His Chinese model is too specific to be copied in other countries, such as Russia.