MOSCOW, May 3 (RIA Novosti)
- Missile Defense May Void Chinese Deterrent Soon - Ministry
- Russia Does Not Rule Out Preemptive Missile Defense Strike
- Russia, NATO Missile Talks Reach ‘Dead-End’
- NATO May Decide on Stepping Up Missile Defense in Chicago – Defense Ministry
- Fifty States to Attend Moscow Missile Defense Conference
A European missile defense system may threaten Russian satellites, Space Defense Forces chief Lt. Gen. Oleg Ostapenko said on Thursday.
“Ground- and sea-based missile defense systems can be used not only as anti-missile but also anti-satellite weapons,” he said at a missile defense conference in Moscow.
The deployment of missile defense components in different parts of the world will make it possible to intercept spacecraft at any point of their orbit.
“In this context we regard the creation of effective air and space defense systems as a key element of modern warfare,” the general said.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Image Galleries: Siberian Air Base Gets New Su-30SM Fighter Jets
Infographics: First Russian Smartphone
New ties between Russia and Japan would mark not only a breakthrough in their relations but also a significant shift in Northeast Asia’s political dynamic. Both are secondary players in a region overshadowed by an increasingly assertive China, which has not hesitated to push against the boundaries of its neighbors.