MOSCOW, May 3 (RIA Novosti)
- Missile Defense May Void Chinese Deterrent Soon - Ministry
- Russia Does Not Rule Out Preemptive Missile Defense Strike
- Russia, NATO Missile Talks Reach ‘Dead-End’
- NATO May Decide on Stepping Up Missile Defense in Chicago – Defense Ministry
- Fifty States to Attend Moscow Missile Defense Conference
A European missile defense system may threaten Russian satellites, Space Defense Forces chief Lt. Gen. Oleg Ostapenko said on Thursday.
“Ground- and sea-based missile defense systems can be used not only as anti-missile but also anti-satellite weapons,” he said at a missile defense conference in Moscow.
The deployment of missile defense components in different parts of the world will make it possible to intercept spacecraft at any point of their orbit.
“In this context we regard the creation of effective air and space defense systems as a key element of modern warfare,” the general said.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Image Galleries: Yury Gagarin: A down-to-earth person
Infographics: The Linguistic Diversity of the Planet
Ukraine has not preserved its 1991 borders. The signing of the Geneva memorandum on April 17 reaffirmed the willingness of Russia, the United States and EU countries to reach a compromise. While the sides continue to trade tough talk and symbolic sanctions, the Kremlin and the White House are also holding a parallel dialogue on the coordinated geopolitical revision of Eastern Europe.