MOSCOW, May 3 (RIA Novosti)
- Missile Defense May Void Chinese Deterrent Soon - Ministry
- Russia Does Not Rule Out Preemptive Missile Defense Strike
- Russia, NATO Missile Talks Reach ‘Dead-End’
- NATO May Decide on Stepping Up Missile Defense in Chicago – Defense Ministry
- Fifty States to Attend Moscow Missile Defense Conference
A European missile defense system may threaten Russian satellites, Space Defense Forces chief Lt. Gen. Oleg Ostapenko said on Thursday.
“Ground- and sea-based missile defense systems can be used not only as anti-missile but also anti-satellite weapons,” he said at a missile defense conference in Moscow.
The deployment of missile defense components in different parts of the world will make it possible to intercept spacecraft at any point of their orbit.
“In this context we regard the creation of effective air and space defense systems as a key element of modern warfare,” the general said.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Image Galleries: Yury Gagarin: A down-to-earth person
Infographics: The Linguistic Diversity of the Planet
The clash of Russian and Western interests has given rise to a geopolitical battle. German politicians are trying to leave all doors and windows open for dialogue with Russia. Moscow does acknowledge this, and Germany is probably the only country with which it is ready to discuss European security.