KIEV, March 28 (RIA Novosti)
- No Murderers in Tymoshenko’s Cell – Prison Official
- Tymoshenko May Share Cell with Murderer – Lawyer
- Ukraine Rejects Decriminalization of ‘Tymoshenko Statute’
- Playing Football with the Tymoshenko Case
- Tymoshenko’s Actions Were "Treasonous" - Ukrainian Rada
- Tymoshenko Lashes Out at Yanukovych over 'Holy' Language Issue
- Ukraine’s Tymoshenko May Face High Treason Charges
Ukrainian prosecutors have brought a new $2.4 million suit against jailed former Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko, Deputy Prosecutor General Yevhen Blazhivskiy said on Wednesday.
The new charges are related to Tymoshenko’s alleged mismanagement and misuse of funds as head of United Energy Systems.
The case will go to court within five days, Blazhivskiy said.
In October 2011, Tymoshenko was sentenced to seven years in prison on charges of abuse of office, for exceeding her authority in signing a 2009 gas deal with Russia. Her trial was condemned by both the European Union and Russia as politically motivated. She is currently serving her sentence in a women’s prison near Ukraine's second largest city, Kharkov.
Supporters of the jailed politician claim Tymoshenko’s health has deteriorated since her pre-trial detention began in August 2011 and that she is no longer able to walk due to back problems.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.