Topic: Political crisis in Egypt
CAIRO, November 24 (RIA Novosti)
- Egypt’s Interior Ministry warns of criminal provocation on Tahrir Square
- Egypt's interior minister says polls should be postponed
- Death toll in Egyptian clashes hits 35
- Egyptian prosecutors want impartial investigation into Tahrir clashes - TV
- Egypt protests still underway despite authorities’ concessions
- Egyptian presidential elections slated for late June – military council
- Egypt military rulers start crisis talks with political forces
Former Egyptian prime minister Kamal Ganzouri agreed on Thursday to a request by the ruling military council to form a new government, the Al Jazeera TV channel said.
Ganzouri made the decision after meeting with military council head Field Marshal Mohamed Hussein Tantawi, the channel said.
Premier Isam Sharaf’s government stepped down earlier this week after deadly clashes between police and protestors unhappy with the delay to a transition to civilian rule following February’s overthrow of President Hosni Mubarak.
Tantawi announced on Tuesday that parliamentary elections would be held on November 28 and presidential elections by the end of June 2012.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Extremism is a term with many different interpretations, including in Islamic law (Sharia). No clear definition of extremism exists today, although there is a consensus that proponents of antisocial ideologies should be considered extremists.