- ICC Prosecutor demands Gaddafi arrest
- International prosecutor to seek warrant for Gaddafi
- Russia slams NATO targeting of Gaddafi, relatives
- Gaddafi conscripts women, children to counter ground operation
- Libya: Confrontation on the ground, bombs from the air
- Military operation in Libya: Coalition targets Gaddafi’s military arsenal
- Area of Benghazi, Libyan opposition stronghold, after air strikes against forces loyal to Gaddafi
- Family of Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi
- Libyan Armed Forces
- Military operation in Libya
- Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi makes T.V appearance with tribal leaders
- NATO airstrikes allegedly struck rebel forces in Libya
Gaddafi's wife Safiya and his daughter Aisha have fled from Libya to Tunisia, Al-Jazeera reported on Wednesday, citing a source in Tunisia's Defense Ministry.
According to these sources, Safiya and Aisha crossed the Libyan-Tunisian border a few days ago and are currently at a refugee center on the island of Djerba.
The revolt in Libya against Gaddafi's forty-year rule, which began in mid-February, has already claimed thousands of lives, with Gaddafi's troops maintaining their combat capabilities despite NATO airstrikes against them.
The airstrike on a wealthy residential area in Tripoli a week ago killed Gaddafi's youngest son and three of his grandchildren, as well as several friends and neighbors.
MOSCOW, May 18 (RIA Novosti)
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
We have witnessed the total defeat of western Ukraine, Western nationalists and the West in general, which made the unfortunate decision to support the anti-government activity. They failed to realize that the collapse of Yanukovych means the collapse of Ukrainian unity. They set fire to their own home and planted a time bomb under Ukraine’s territorial integrity.