MOSCOW, November 11 (R-Sport) - Talks to arrange a mandatory fight between WBA super champion Wladimir Klitschko and regular champion Alexander Povetkin are to start Monday, Povetkin's manager Vlad Hrunov told R-Sport on Sunday.
Klitschko defended his IBF, IBO, WBO and WBA belts with an unanimous points win over Mariusz Wach on Saturday.
“We should start negotiations on the fight between Alexander Povetkin and Wladimir Klitschko on Monday,” Hrunov said.
“If Wach had won, we would have held talks with him. But now the Povetkin-Klitschko bout should take place not later than February 27, 2013.”
WBA vice-president Gilberto Mendoza has ordered Klitschko to defend his title against Povetkin by February 27 unless the Russian gives another boxer his written consent to fight in his place.
Povetkin retained his title last month against former WBC, IBO and IBF champion Hasim Rahman.
The 33-year-old Povetkin, known as the Russian Vityaz, is unbeaten with 17 career knockouts in 25 fights, while Klitschko, 36, has a 59-3 record and last lost in 2004 against Lamon Brewster of the United States.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Erdogan will continue to help consolidate Islam’s influence in public life and use Islam as a political issue. It is hard to say what Turkey will do in the Muslim world, but Erdogan obviously does not need any more turmoil in neighboring countries.