1. Vladimir Chagin 2. The 2011 Dakar Rally© RIA Novosti. Sergei Pyatakov
1. Vladimir Chagin 2. The 2011 Dakar Rally© Photo Dakar Rally
- Russia's Vladimir Chagin becomes seven-time champion of Dakar rally
- Russia's Vladimir Chagin wins opening stage of Dakar 2011
- Russia's Team Kamaz sweeps podium at 13th stage of 2010 Dakar
- Chagin brings Kamaz another victory, goes for new Dakar record
- Russia's Team Kamaz wins ninth leg of 2010 Dakar rally
Russia's President Dmitry Medvedev congratulated on Sunday the Russian Kamaz truck team with the victory in the 2011 Dakar Rally in South America.
"I want to congratulate the Russian Kamaz-master team and Vladimir Chagin with a brilliant victory in the Dakar Rally. Well done!" Medvedev said in his Twitter account.
The 2011 Dakar Rally came to an end in Argentina on Saturday. The Russian Kamaz truck team became the winner of the rally's truck class, winning the event for the tenth time.
Russia's Vladimir Chagin, piloting a Kamaz truck, became seven-time champion of the 2011 Dakar Rally's truck class. He won eight of the 13 stages of the rally. Chagin was followed by another three Kamaz truck pilots, Firdaus Kabirov, Eduard Nikolayev and Ilgizar Mardeyev.
The Dakar 2011 Rally, originally called Paris-Dakar, took place in South America for the third consecutive year and ran until January 16.
67 trucks, 170 motorcycles and 30 quad bikes took part in the rally.
The route of the rally spanned the territories of Argentina and Chile; however only the start and the finish of Dakar 2011 was held in Argentina.
MOSCOW, January 16 (RIA Novosti)
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Military exercises are held in order to prevent a war rather than prepare for one. If a potential enemy knows and sees that the Russian Army is constantly improving its skills and adopting state-of-the-art combat equipment and combat support systems he will hardly risk aggression against these Armed Forces and the country they defend.