Topic: Gay Propaganda Ban in Russia
ST. PETERSBURG, May 23 (RIA Novosti)
- Gay Pride in Kiev Cancelled
- Gay Pride Planned in Moscow Despite Ban
- Attack on Gays in St. Petersburg Spreads to Migrant Workers
- First 'Gay Propaganda' Fine Handed out in St. Petersburg
- Church Activists Picket Gay Film Festival
- Gay Teen Put into Rehab After Coming Out
- Activists Set Date for Gay Pride Parade
St. Petersburg police on Wednesday said theywill investigate whether the actions of the recent sanctioned gay parade in one of the city parks involved elements of gay propaganda.
Last Thursday, several dozen masked individuals attacked the first sanctioned gay demonstration in St. Petersburg and then vented their anger on migrant workers after police drove the gays safely from the scene, Fontanka.ru said.
St. Petersburg police also arrested one man who shot a participant in the face with a non-lethal pistol during the event, which was devoted to the international day against homophobia on Thursday.
This was the first sanctioned gay rally in St. Petersburg since the city legislature passed a law banning gay propaganda in March.
The demonstration participants gathered in Petrovsky Park, and as they released balloons into the air, onlookers behind a police cordon shouted obscenities at them and at police.
Eyewitnesses said an unidentified person suddenly fired a rubber bullet into the face of a demonstration participant, who is currently in the hospital.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- PETEPETEPETECorrection of semantics19:25, 23/05/2012"GAY" = Happy. The correct term is "homosexual". Besides, most of them are miserable people so calling them "gay" is not only inaccurate but ironic.
Same goes for, "Homophobia" means "Irrational fear of homosexuals"...but who says it's "irrational"? Many anti-gay opinions are not based on irrational fear but based on logic, scientific/medical knowledge, historical knowledge (what happened to ancient Greece and Rome speaks for itself) and by observing how the Power Elites are promoting this extremely dangerous mental/sexual illness to achieve their goals.
RIA Novosti...please stop using their Semantic Weapons and be accurate.
- jg(no title)20:57, 23/05/2012"St. Petersburg police on Wednesday said they will investigate whether the actions of the recent sanctioned gay parade in one of the city parks involved elements of gay propaganda."
It's nice to know that, having solved all the real crime (murders, rapes, robberies, corruption, etc.) in the area , the SPB police still have sufficient resources to harass a bunch of homosexuals.
- SirkoGreat Point...!!!21:49, 23/05/2012"GAY" = Happy. The correct term is "homosexual". Besides, most of them are miserable people so calling them "gay" is not only inaccurate but ironic. Proving that American homosexualism has even subverted the English language....
Image Galleries: Yury Gagarin: A down-to-earth person
Infographics: The Linguistic Diversity of the Planet
During Vladimir Putin’s annual Q&A session some members of the Valdai International Discussion Club asked him several questions. How united is the West in its desire to punish Russia? Which EU countries are in favour of isolating Russia? Is this even possible? And what is going on in Ukraine?