- US Ambassador to Moscow McFaul: Learning to be Less Clear
- U.S. Ambassador McFaul Apologizes for Twitter Slang
- McFaul ‘Learning to Speak More Diplomatically’
- Russia Blasts McFaul for Statements at Meeting with Students
- Medvedev Reminds McFaul He’s in Russia, Not U.S.
MOSCOW, November 9 (RIA Novosti) – US Ambassador to Russia Michael McFaul, who is currently in the United States, on Friday denied Russian media reports that he would leave his post by the end of this year.
“I came to Stanford [in California] only for a vacation. I’m returning to Moscow next week,” the ambassador said in a Russian-language Twitter message.
US officials said earlier in the day that the rumors were untrue.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
The main event of the third day of the 11th meeting of the Valdai International Discussion Club in Sochi was the closing session with President Vladimir Putin. The atmosphere was calm and open, despite the current political tensions and the Russia-West confrontation. The Russian president said that it corresponded to the spirit of the Valdai Club.