Topic: Protests in Syria
MOSCOW, July 5 (RIA Novosti)
- Russia Urges Syria Opposition to Unite ‘For Peace’
- Russia Protests Use of ‘Human Shields’ in Syria
- Russia Blasts Interpretations of Geneva Conference on Syria
- No Need for Friends of Syria Meeting – Russia
- Annan Aide Urges Syrian Opposition to Agree Common Stance
Moscow lashed out on Thursday at the Western position on Syria, saying it could aggravate the situation to the point of war.
“Their [Western] position is most likely to exacerbate the situation, lead to further violence and ultimately a very big war,” Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said.
The West has also distorted the Russian position on Syria by suggesting Moscow should offer Syrian President Bashar al-Assad asylum, he said.
“This is either an unscrupulous attempt to mislead serious people who shape foreign policy or simply a misunderstanding of what is going on,” Lavrov said.
He also warned that Russia will reject any UN Security Council peace enforcement resolution on Syria, since that would be “nothing but intervention.”
The minister also said representatives of the Syrian opposition will visit Moscow next week.
On Wednesday, Moscow urged Syrian opposition groups to unite to find a peaceful solution to the ongoing crisis.
The UN estimated in May that some 10,000 people have been killed in Syria since the beginning of a revolt against President Bashar al-Assad in March 2011. The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a London-based organization with a network of activists in Syria, revised the death toll to 16,500 on Monday. Of those, some 5,000 were government troops and army defectors, the group said. June had been the bloodiest month of the conflict so far, with around 100 deaths every day, it said.
The UN Security Council has so far failed to find a way to settle the conflict. Russia and China have refused to support any plans for outside interference in Syria.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- living069and who is next?04:55, 06/07/2012Iran, followed by Russia and China, the west especially america has many problems and by bringing Russia and China down their economies and power will be the highest with all those under it's control, if Russia does nothing regarding Syria then the west will know Russia is weak and continue on their crusade.
- lmTrying to break Russia's will bit by bit.10:21, 06/07/2012The Kremlin has to ask itself a serious question because Russia cannot be put off by threats of Arabs countries saying it is supporting a man who kills his own people, whiles the very same Arab countries areas supporting the rebels who kills also, or let me put it more bluntly massacres. But must stay the course and protect its interest. It would be suicidal for Assad to do things that would draw Russia condemnation or even wore abandonment and Assad government knows this very well.
Russia has far, far more to lose which will be detrimental if they cave in to political pressure from outside. For in the end they all have one thing in common Russia is too big and rich to be called one country and must be split up!
- firstname.lastname@example.org to be fulfilled05:46, 08/07/2012Damascus has yet to see this prophecy fulfilled:
King James Version (KJV)
17 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.
2 The cities of Aroer are forsaken: they shall be for flocks, which shall lie down, and none shall make them afraid.
3 The fortress also shall cease from Ephraim, and the kingdom from Damascus, and the remnant of Syria: they shall be as the glory of the children of Israel, saith the Lord of hosts.
4 And in that day it shall come to pass, that the glory of Jacob shall be made thin, and the fatness of his flesh shall wax lean.
5 And it shall be as when the harvestman gathereth the corn, and reapeth the ears with his arm; and it shall be as he that gathereth ears in the valley of Rephaim.
6 Yet gleaning grapes shall be left in it, as the shaking of an olive tree, two or three berries in the top of the uppermost bough, four or five in the outmost fruitful branches thereof, saith the Lord God of Israel.
7 At that day shall a man look to his Maker, and his eyes shall have respect to the Holy One of Israel.
8 And he shall not look to the altars, the work of his hands, neither shall respect that which his fingers have made, either the groves, or the images.
9 In that day shall his strong cities be as a forsaken bough, and an uppermost branch, which they left because of the children of Israel: and there shall be desolation.
10 Because thou hast forgotten the God of thy salvation, and hast not been mindful of the rock of thy strength, therefore shalt thou plant pleasant plants, and shalt set it with strange slips:
11 In the day shalt thou make thy plant to grow, and in the morning shalt thou make thy seed to flourish: but the harvest shall be a heap in the day of grief and of desperate sorrow.
12 Woe to the multitude of many people, which make a noise like the noise of the seas; and to the rushing of nations, that make a rushing like the rushing of mighty waters!
13 The nations shall rush like the rushing of many waters: but God shall rebuke them, and they shall flee far off, and shall be chased as the chaff of the mountains before the wind, and like a rolling thing before the whirlwind.
14 And behold at eveningtide trouble; and before the morning he is not. This is the portion of them that spoil us, and the lot of them that rob us.
- SirkoSome Nut...21:38, 08/07/2012There is always some nut that brings in the bible..Can you find some evidence that the Jews prophesied the discovery of the Higgs Boson particle??? If they were so divinely inspired then it only stands to reason that they would have a direct line to God. Everything in the Old Testament is obfuscation and fabrication. We can trust in the historical records of the Christ's moral teaching because they were corroborated by the writings of well educated Romans. Hence, the New Testament has some legitimacy in fact, but the ancient Jews could not more talk to God then you or any other creature on the planet and the reason for that is the inescapable truth that they did not possess any special powers than any other human being then or now.
- email@example.comProving the Bible18:38, 09/07/2012Dear Sirko, First let me thank you for your aspersions, I rejoice to be called a "nut" on account of my faith in Messiah Jesus. Indeed your calling me a nut is the same as calling every Old Testament prophet a nut. And since you hold Christ's moral teachings in such high esteem, I offer these, His words, for you to consider regarding your "blessing" on myself, Isaiah and all Christ's prophets.
11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
May the Spirit of Almighty God grant you repentance from your unbelief.
Dave aka lambsev
The Shanghai Cooperation Organisation is one of the most important foreign policy initiatives taken by Russia along with five other countries. Both Russia and China want to reduce the threat of separatism and western influence in the region. Emergence of SCO provoked new international order.