MOSCOW, April 5 (RIA Novosti)
- Russia wants Active NATO in Fight on Afghan Drugs
- Lavrov urges NATO to fight drugs in Afghanistan
- Russia, EU join forces to combat Afghan drug threat
- Russian, Afghan presidents to discuss drug trafficking
- Russian drugs tsar laments NATO efforts in Afghanistan
NATO could be sued by numerous countries through international courts because of rising drug production and trafficking from Afghanistan in the course of NATO operations in the country, Federal Drug Control Service (FSDC) director Viktor Ivanov said on Thursday.
According to FSDC, there has been a forty-fold increase in heroin production in Afghanistan over the past ten years.
"Lawsuits could be filed due to the fact that armed intervention led to a deterioration of the situation [production and distribution of drugs] in Afghanistan and the rule of law has not been restored," he said.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.