MOSCOW, December 28 (RIA Novosti)
- Zhirinovsky, Zyuganov register for polls
- Outspoken Russian nationalist restored to presidential race
- Putin registered as presidential candidate
- Yavlinsky joins Russian presidential race
About 60,000 fully transparent ballot boxes will be bought by the Russian electoral authorities for the presidential elections on March 4, a top Russian election official said on Wednesday.
Last week, Russia's chief election official Vladimir Churov proposed making ballot boxes fully transparent to prevent ballot-stuffing. Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin, a frontrunner in the 2012 elections, expressed his support for the move.
"About 60,000 transparent ballot boxes will be bought. The move will affect about 50 million voters," the Central Election Commission deputy chairman Stanislav Vavilov said.
The election official said transparent ballot boxes will be installed in voting booths in all major cities.
"Today we will send telegrams to all Russian regions with instructions of where and how they should be installed," he said.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- mrgenieProblem is16:30, 28/12/2011All criminal acts to destroy the Russian democracy were conducted not in public, the counting was fair. But the numbers after the counting got changed. You can install 1000 webcams and 1000 transparent boxes, nothing will prevent this from happening unless the ruling power finally accepts fair voting.
I can even put 1000 Russians, 1000 Europeans, 1000 Americans with they eyes on the boxes, but if I change the reporting numbers afterwards, I can't avoid that. This has happened in our district. Photos and other proof was made public. Everyone saw it. But Mr. Putin made it clear he will not accept any rights for Russian people. He considers Russians his private pets, and they must obey of course. But for the show, for the PR, he makes nice comments but everything they do, to wash the eyes of the blind, they thought about very well:"How can we pretend we actually want fair voting, but keep all the power of manipulation in our hands?"
I don't know who's behind this, maybe Putin is nothing more then a puppet himself, who knows, but I do know, those who betray this beautiful country and make this country some 4th world country in future by destroying every single innovation are very smart to cover it all up.
Image Galleries: Christophe de Margerie: 40 Years With French Oil and Gas Giant
Infographics: Nobel Peace Prize