- Domodedovo blast equivalent to 5 kg of TNT
- Death toll at Moscow's Domodedovo Airport blast reaches 31, at least 130 injured - Health Ministry
- Over 30 reported dead in Moscow airport blast (Update 2)
- Moscow Domodedovo Airport explosion classed terrorist attack
- Bomb kills at least 8 at Moscow airport (Update 1)
A criminal case had been opened over a suicide attack that hit Moscow's busy Domodedovo International Airport on Monday, killing at least 31 people and injuring about 130, a spokesman for the Investigative Committee of the Russian Prosecutor's Office said.
The blast occurred at about 04:32 p.m. Moscow time (13:32 GMT) at the international arrivals gate. Twenty of those injured were reported to have been admitted to hospitals in serious condition.
A suicide bomber was reported to have detonated himself in the crowd at the arrival gate.
The explosion was estimated to be equal to 5kg of TNT.
MOSCOW, January 24 (RIA Novosti)
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Image Galleries: Yury Gagarin: Life of the First Man in Space in Pictures
Infographics: Sledge Hockey
The unconstitutional takeover in Ukraine was the toughest, consistent and so far most effective Western counterattack launched amid the ongoing struggle for a fairer world order. Only the naïve believe that the United States and Europe will willingly share their right to rule the world, though their belief is worthy of respect.