- Domodedovo blast equivalent to 5 kg of TNT
- Death toll at Moscow's Domodedovo Airport blast reaches 31, at least 130 injured - Health Ministry
- Over 30 reported dead in Moscow airport blast (Update 2)
- Moscow Domodedovo Airport explosion classed terrorist attack
- Bomb kills at least 8 at Moscow airport (Update 1)
A criminal case had been opened over a suicide attack that hit Moscow's busy Domodedovo International Airport on Monday, killing at least 31 people and injuring about 130, a spokesman for the Investigative Committee of the Russian Prosecutor's Office said.
The blast occurred at about 04:32 p.m. Moscow time (13:32 GMT) at the international arrivals gate. Twenty of those injured were reported to have been admitted to hospitals in serious condition.
A suicide bomber was reported to have detonated himself in the crowd at the arrival gate.
The explosion was estimated to be equal to 5kg of TNT.
MOSCOW, January 24 (RIA Novosti)
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Image Galleries: Yury Gagarin: A down-to-earth person
Infographics: The Linguistic Diversity of the Planet
Ukraine has not preserved its 1991 borders. The signing of the Geneva memorandum on April 17 reaffirmed the willingness of Russia, the United States and EU countries to reach a compromise. While the sides continue to trade tough talk and symbolic sanctions, the Kremlin and the White House are also holding a parallel dialogue on the coordinated geopolitical revision of Eastern Europe.