- Domodedovo blast equivalent to 5 kg of TNT
- Death toll at Moscow's Domodedovo Airport blast reaches 31, at least 130 injured - Health Ministry
- Over 30 reported dead in Moscow airport blast (Update 2)
- Moscow Domodedovo Airport explosion classed terrorist attack
- Bomb kills at least 8 at Moscow airport (Update 1)
A criminal case had been opened over a suicide attack that hit Moscow's busy Domodedovo International Airport on Monday, killing at least 31 people and injuring about 130, a spokesman for the Investigative Committee of the Russian Prosecutor's Office said.
The blast occurred at about 04:32 p.m. Moscow time (13:32 GMT) at the international arrivals gate. Twenty of those injured were reported to have been admitted to hospitals in serious condition.
A suicide bomber was reported to have detonated himself in the crowd at the arrival gate.
The explosion was estimated to be equal to 5kg of TNT.
MOSCOW, January 24 (RIA Novosti)
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
One of the main achievements of the 6th BRICS Summit was the signing of an official document on establishing a New Development Bank with a declared capital of $100 billion. The creation of the bank is an important step towards institutionalizing BRICS and strengthening its positions in the world in the long run.