- Domodedovo blast equivalent to 5 kg of TNT
- Death toll at Moscow's Domodedovo Airport blast reaches 31, at least 130 injured - Health Ministry
- Over 30 reported dead in Moscow airport blast (Update 2)
- Moscow Domodedovo Airport explosion classed terrorist attack
- Bomb kills at least 8 at Moscow airport (Update 1)
A criminal case had been opened over a suicide attack that hit Moscow's busy Domodedovo International Airport on Monday, killing at least 31 people and injuring about 130, a spokesman for the Investigative Committee of the Russian Prosecutor's Office said.
The blast occurred at about 04:32 p.m. Moscow time (13:32 GMT) at the international arrivals gate. Twenty of those injured were reported to have been admitted to hospitals in serious condition.
A suicide bomber was reported to have detonated himself in the crowd at the arrival gate.
The explosion was estimated to be equal to 5kg of TNT.
MOSCOW, January 24 (RIA Novosti)
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Image Galleries: Removing Protesters’ Barricades in Kiev
Infographics: First Russian Smartphone
Russia has become very adept in playing the diplomatic game, in which victory depends on choosing the right associate or partner. But there are a growing number of claimants to this role in the new horizontal and interdependent world. Aside Syria and Iran, being still important, the new venues for the application of practical diplomacy may well be Ukraine, the East China Sea and Afghanistan.