- Russia to Hold Drills with China, Mongolia in 2014
- Putin Praises Russia-China Cooperation
- China, Russia Complete Extensive Naval Exercise
- China Starts Largest-Ever Foreign Naval Drill With Russia
- Russia, China Complete Naval Drills
MOSCOW, January 25 (RIA Novosti) – A Russian-Chinese naval training exercise in the Mediterranean Sea began on Saturday involving the Russian nuclear-powered cruiser Pyotr Veliky and China’s Yancheng frigate, Russia’s Defense Ministry announced.
The exercise, which began with a gathering of the ships and accompanying speedboats, is being performed to reinforce co-maneuvering, air defense collaboration as well as naval helicopter landings on the different countries’ ships, the ministry’s press service said.
The exercise is focused on “raising the level of operational compatibility between Russian and Chinese military ships during joint actions in the eastern part of the Mediterranean Sea,” the ministry said.
Russian and Chinese military vessels began collaborating in the region on January 7 to ensure security for transports of Syrian chemical weapons.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- gunshipdemocracyobjective is to repel aggression of 7th fleet15:25, 26/01/2014and thwart terrorist Tomahawks attack on peaceful lands which do not agree to be US slaves
- Mikhail1228The SCO22:31, 27/01/2014Russia is a founding member state of The Shanghai Cooperation Organisation or SCO is an intergovernmental military alliance of mutual security.
Shanghai Cooperation Organization Forces:
Active personnel 5,325,000
Reserve personnel 7,675,000
Available personnel for immediate activation and Conscription 192,039,958
Total of personnel 205,039,958
The economic and numerical might of China, together with the military prowess and nuclear arsenal of Russia.
Military exercises are held in order to prevent a war rather than prepare for one. If a potential enemy knows and sees that the Russian Army is constantly improving its skills and adopting state-of-the-art combat equipment and combat support systems he will hardly risk aggression against these Armed Forces and the country they defend.