- Russia Plans to Build 'UAV-Killers' Based on Pantsir-S Systems
- Russia Test Fires New Yars Ballistic Missile
- Russian Missile Forces to Field New Heavy Missile by 2020 – Commander
- Russia to Deploy 3 New S-400 Air Defense Regiments in 2014
- Russia Develops New Air-Defense Target Simulator
MOSCOW, December 28 (RIA Novosti) – The Russian armed forces will start getting advanced Buk-M3 air defense missile systems in 2016, the Air Defense Force's chief said on Saturday.
“We are now in the midst of planned rearmament to replace Buk-M1 with Buk-M2. We expect to receive Buk-M3s starting from 2016,” Maj. Gen. Alexander Leonov told the Ekho Moskvy radio station.
The Buk-M3 medium-range surface-to-air missile systems, a modernized version of the Buk-M1 system (NATO reporting name SA-11 Gadfly), features advanced electronic components and could be regarded as a completely new system.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Infographics: World War I, 1914-1918