- Russia’s New Bomber to Carry Hypersonic Weapons – Source
- US Experimental Military Aircraft Hits Hypersonic Speed
- New Russian Bomber 'Will Not be Hypersonic'
- Russian 'Super-Holding' to Build Hypersonic Missile -Rogozin
- Deputy PM Repeats Call For Hypersonic Bomber
MOSCOW, September 30 (RIA Novosti) – Russia and the United States are running neck and neck in their research of hypersonic military technologies, Russia's deputy PM in charge of the defense industry said on Monday.
“Both we and the Americans conduct researches about hypersonic technologies, or speed that is more than six times above the speed of sound. This is not a secret, but everything else is. I can tell you that we are running neck and neck with the Americans as far as these technologies are concerned,” Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin said in an interview with the Rossiya 1 TV channel.
He added that Russia is the world’s second weapons exporter after the United States and vowed that Russian defense enterprises would increase the quality of their products while keeping prices at an acceptable level.
Commenting on the recent nuclear submarine fire at a shipyard in Russia’s Far East, Rogozin said that snap inspections will be held at all Russian industrial facilities under his supervision to see how the management follows work and fire safety instructions.
“Yesterday I signed a decree to start unscheduled inspections and trainings of various aspects, such as work safety and fire safety, in all our integrated organizations and corporations – in the aviation, shipbuilding, space and nuclear [sectors],” he said.
On September 16, rubber insulation and old paint inside the K-150 Tomsk nuclear-powered submarine’s main ballast tanks started burning during welding operations, filling the inside compartments with smoke. The defense ministry later said that there was no open fire at the submarine and that 15 servicemen suffered from smoke inhalation.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- ValSHmmmm...questionable09:47, 30/09/2013I think in reality the US is far behind. How can it be same when there is talk of gov't shutdown over ObummerCare? Talk and actuality of furloughs and cutbacks in hours and layoffs of so many people? How the heck can the US keep up with a country such as Russia when all of the real US money is being used to fill the entitlements, bonuses, pay raises, etc. of the pockets of former and current gov't officials?
I bet Russia is truly far advanced; and I truly hope they are.
- LocoIvanInteresting03:16, 03/10/2013Rogozin states:
‘I can tell you that we are running neck and neck with the Americans as far as these technologies are concerned,’
According to the ‘Infographics Bulava missile: test launch history link below the RSM-56 can carry six to ten independently targeted hypersonic maneuvering nuclear warheads, which can change their flight trajectory’s altitude and direction.’
Yet, it seems that the 60% success rate of the Bulava and the Borey-class nuclear submarines trials have been halted until the end of the year.
New ties between Russia and Japan would mark not only a breakthrough in their relations but also a significant shift in Northeast Asia’s political dynamic. Both are secondary players in a region overshadowed by an increasingly assertive China, which has not hesitated to push against the boundaries of its neighbors.