- Russia to Get New Su-35, MiG-35 Jets Within 3 Years - Minister
- Russian Air Force to Get First T-50 Fighter Jet This Year
- Russian Air Force to Get Su-30SM Fighter Jets in Bulk
- Russian Air Force Gets First Six Su-35S Fighter Jets
MOSCOW, August 17 (RIA Novosti) – The Russian Defense Ministry has postponed the purchase of 37 MiG-35 fighter jets until 2016, Kommersant daily reported Saturday.
The ministry was originally due to sign the purchase agreement with MiG in June, but last month the aircraft corporation's general director Sergei Korotkov told RIA Novosti that the contract had still not been signed.
The ministry will now sign the contract in 2016, thereby putting off spending about 37 billion rubles ($1.1 billion) from the state armament program budget to a later payment period, as requested by the Finance Ministry, Kommersant said.
The newspaper cited a Defense Ministry source as saying that the ministry had not been able to issue the order over delays in drawing up the design.
“At the same time as that was going on, we received a proposal from the Finance Ministry to delay spending until 2016 part of the funds allocated within the state arms program for 2014-2016,” the newspaper quoted the source as saying.
“After analyzing [the situation] we made the decision to put back the purchase of the MiG-35s,” the source said, adding that the number of jets the ministry plans to buy – 37 – remains unchanged.
The Mikoyan MiG-35 (Fulcrum-F) is a 4++ generation fighter jet and a modification of the MiG-29M. It is equipped with air-to-air and air-to-surface guided missiles, as well as the Zhuk-A radar system.
Kommersant also reported that MiG may soon receive an order for MiG-29SMT fighter jets from the Defense Ministry, citing the source as saying that both sides were “ready to consider the purchase of such planes for delivery by 2016.”
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- BlizzardWho is the real Russian enemy?15:55, 18/08/2013Reading such news it becomes more than clear that Russia is not capable as they want to project themselves to rest of the world.
Russian Government is acting as Russian worst enemy constantly haggling and bragging about their internal as well as international military obligations.
It makes me wonder if there are people working for USA as they constantly undermine Russian image. It seams that they are either to stupid to understand their legal obligations or as said they are doing as they at American bidding.
It is about time to change this corrupt government from the top to the bottom and put right people in place whose first duty and obligation will be Russian citizens welfare and safety. This Government is only looking after their own personal interests by stealing state money and transferring it into private accounts of chosen few oligarchs which are Putin's friends.
- LocoIvanYou have got to be kidding!03:47, 19/08/2013‘It makes me wonder if there are people working for USA as they constantly undermine Russian image. It seams that they are either to stupid to understand their legal obligations or as said they are doing as they at American bidding.’
Where in the article above does it mention anything about the USA having a hand in the decisions of the Russian Defense Ministry or Finance Ministry?
The article clearly states in the fourth paragraph that ‘…a Defense Ministry source as saying that the ministry had not been able to issue the order over delays in drawing up the design.’
Which either means the FINAL contract to purchase the aircraft OR the FINAL design of the aircraft itself!
I’ll tell you what your idiotic statement is above, though. It is a classic example of diversion to PROJECT the FAILINGS of a dysfunctional ‘power verticle’ in administering your ‘managed democracy’, NOT an undermining of ‘Russian image’ in regards to this situation, by the West/USA.
- shanksinhaDithering to faliure10:29, 20/08/2013Dithering defense orders don't bode well for Russian armament industry. VVS needs new aircraft pronto, as the old MiG-29A/B feet is fast running out of airframe life. The MiG-35 order could have been a timely rejuvenation of the medium/light fighter force. MOD orders still seem to be biased in favor of Sukhoi as Su-35/34 acquisitions have been given priority. RSK-MiG is just being somehow kept alive by sundry piecemeal orders. Once the present MiG-29SMT and MiG-29K production runs are through, the company will again face crisis. The MiG-35 order is vital for its survival and simply cannot be postponed till 2016.
Islamic terrorism is gaining momentum, and is all about ideological opposition to European Christian values. This is an aggressive young radical ideology that attracts followers across the world. And it will only grow stronger on the world political stage.