- Russia’s Snap Military Drills Expand – Defense Minister
- Massive Snap Military Drills Begin in Eastern Russia
- Putin Orders Snap Combat-Readiness Check in Eastern Russia
- Pacific Fleet Ships Deployed in Sea of Okhotsk Amid Snap Drills
- Putin Vows Snap Military Drills in Future – Kremlin
MOSCOW, July 14 (RIA Novosti) – Russia’s air base of Tu-95MS Bear-H strategic bombers in the Amur Region is switching to full combat readiness as part of massive snap drills in the Eastern Military District, the Defense Ministry’s press office reported on Sunday.
“Additionally, on order from the Russian president, the 6952nd air base of long-range aviation [at Ukrainka in the Amur Region] is switching to ‘Full’ combat readiness from 5:00 p.m. Moscow time, July 13. Tu-95MS strategic bombers are preparing for combat mission flights,” the press office said.
The military exercise is being held in strict compliance with the endorsed plan, the press office said. “There have been no disruptions or delays in the planned troops’ regrouping.”
It is the third surprise combat readiness check since January and follows a major shake-up at the top of a military establishment tarnished by persistent evidence of rampant corruption.
Putin said in May that surprise military drills is a perfect way to keep the armed forces in good shape and vowed to continue similar practices in the future.
“The main goal of the drills is to check the readiness of units to carry out their missions, and to assess the quality of their training and technical preparedness,” the Defense Ministry said in a statement on Saturday.
The Eastern Military District is one of the four operational strategic commands of the Russian Armed Forces. The district was formed in 2010. It absorbed the territories of the former Far East Military District and part of the former Siberian Military District with headquarters at Khabarovsk.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- email@example.comRussia Readies Strategic Bombers03:47, 16/07/2013This is a very smart move on Putin's part. Now, if this call-up doesn't make Netanyahu stop and take notice, we don't know what else will; unless, if the Russians bring their naval and air forces right at Israel's front door.
- LocoIvanWhat vacuum have you been in?01:42, 17/07/2013‘unless, if the Russians bring their naval and air forces right at Israel's front door.’
Welcome to 16/07/2013 Captain Obvious. They have a Naval Task force in the Mediterranean.
What does the relevance of these exercises in the East Military District have with the actions of what the Israelis allegedly did in Latakia, which is a port city of the Mediterranean?
What are you two bloviating about?
The Israeli leadership could care less about what Russia is doing in the Pacific at the moment. Logic dictates they would have their focus on the Federation Med. floatilla, since it is in their backyard, no?
Maybe Chirkov, on Putin’s centralized order, should ‘wake-up’ the commanders of Russia’s Mediterranean task force. Since they would be the ones whom were caught with their d*ck in their hands, IF they did not detect the strike.
OR, better yet, maybe the Task Force was complicit? Would THAT not be an INTERESTING story? ;)
Image Galleries: Russia Celebrates Navy Day
Infographics: World War I, 1914-1918
The Brest-Litovsk peace treaty that ended Russia’s part in the war has been the subject of heated debate from the moment it was signed in March 1918. To this day, scholars offer differing interpretations of the circumstances that led to the treaty and its domestic and foreign policy importance.