DUBAI, October 29 (RIA Novosti)
- Iran Urges Israel to Join NPT
- Israeli PM Netanyahu Calls for 'Red Line' over Iran
- Iran to Defend itself if Attacked by Israel - Ahmadinejad
- Iran on Verge of Nuclear Weapons – Israeli PM
- Israel Has Right to Act Independently Regarding Iran - PM
Iran claimed on Monday it has pictures of highly protected sites in Israel, taken from an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) launched by the Lebanese Hezbollah group on October 6, the head of Iran's parliamentary defense commission Esmail Kossari told Arab-language channel Al-Alyam.
"The UAV took images in real time and we have high-resolution images of Israel," he said. The UAV was later shot down by the Israeli Air Force over the Negev Desert, he added.
The Ahyub UAV entered Israeli airspace not far from Gaza, and flew for around half an hour close to Israel's Dimona Nuclear Research Institute before being shot down by a fighter jet, which filmed its attack.
The Israel Defense Force claimed it had detected the UAV over the Mediterranean Sea well before it entered Israeli airspace and shot it down near Mount Hebron, the Jerusalem Post said.
Iran also has UAVs capable of carrying out strike missions, Kossari said. "So we can say if Israel carries out any aggression against us, we will reply on its territory."
Iran's Defense Minister General Akhmad Vahidi said on Sunday that Iran has much more advanced UAVs than the one shot down over Israel.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- PlutardesMisinformation of the West; an attacked Pentagon20:25, 30/10/2012September 11 culminated with the failure of the cortex of the information and defence center of the United States of America, that is, the Pentagon. An American defence plan had to be made from scratch and took years to be formulated. Perhaps, the Syrian conflict and drones were conceived as part of the initial plans in response to the partial destruction of the Pentagon. It could take years on end for the USA to arrive in the current geopolitical situation in the Middle East of today, even with the assassination of the American ambassador to Lybia, as a bad signal. America has the biggest fascist propaganda machine concerning the Mideast. The conflict in Syria has already consumed a couple of years of misinformation, but the Mideast is learning quickly that Syria overwhelms the free rebel army easily, the latter supported with guns by the West. The president of France, François Hollande, said that France would recognize the government supported by the rebels if the latter formed a government, but there were no such responses from the rebels. The West is beginning to lose so badly, but the insiders of the Middle East are beginning to understand that the West is drowning in lies that it fabricates about the Mideast itself. Assad is winning far ahead and the whole ME knows it, the world knows about the misinformation of the West.
Military exercises are held in order to prevent a war rather than prepare for one. If a potential enemy knows and sees that the Russian Army is constantly improving its skills and adopting state-of-the-art combat equipment and combat support systems he will hardly risk aggression against these Armed Forces and the country they defend.