MOSCOW, December 23 (RIA Novosti)
- Russia to test launch Bulava missile on Monday
- Russia postpones Bulava missile test
- Russia to conduct test launch of Bulava missile in November
- Russian submarine test-fires Bulava missile successfully
- Next test of Russia's Bulava missile set for Aug. 27 - source
Russia successfully test launched two Bulava ballistic missiles on Friday, Defense Ministry spokesman Col Igor Konashenkov said.
The missiles were launched from the Borey-class Yury Dolgoruky nuclear-powered submarine in the White Sea and hit designated targets at the Kura test range on Kamchatka, some 6,000 kilometers to the east.
The Bulava (SS-NX-30) submarine-launched ballistic missile carries up to 10 MIRV warheads and has a range of over 8,000 kilometers (5,000 miles). The three-stage missile is designed for deployment on Borey-class nuclear submarines.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Image Galleries: 10 Animals on the Verge of Extinction
Infographics: One Day Without Gasoline