- How real is the threat of laser weapons?
- Russia, Israel mull laser technology deal
- Russia 'had laser cannons before U.S.'
- Pentagon successfully fires high-energy laser in flight
Russia is working on a military laser system, the chief of Russia's Armed Forces General Staff said on Wednesday.
"Work on laser weapons is underway across the world, and that includes us," Gen. Nikolai Makarov said.
It is "too soon yet" to speak about the specifications of the Russian laser system, he added.
According to some media reports, Russia has been developing an airborne laser - the so-called flying laser - to disable enemy reconnaissance and data processing systems, as well as shoot down missiles in flight.
RAMENSKOYE (Moscow Region), September 22 (RIA Novosti)
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- monoblastOf Lasers and.....21:31, 22/09/2010It seems someone suddenly had an interest in the Russian laser system, which was developed in soviet tomes, If I was the Russians I would treat treat approach by a certain someone with caution, unsaid someone was unaware of those systems, until recently. (open secret)