MOSCOW, September 16 (RIA Novosti)
- Pussy Riot Should Walk – Russian PM
- Police Detain 'Free Pussy Riot' Murder Suspect
- Over Half of Russians Say Pussy Riot Sentence Fair
- Two Orthodox Crosses Vandalized in Siberia
Moscow police have detained a man who marred an icon with black ink in Moscow’s Cathedral of Christ the Savior as a protest against the punk group Pussy Riot jailing, a police spokesman said.
The 62-year old man told the police that he was protesting against the Russian Orthodox Church’s position on the Pussy Riot case, adding that he suffers a mental disorder.
According to the Komsomolskaya Pravda daily, the icon attacker is Yury Piotrovsky, a yoga and dance teacher from Munich known for his anti-Christian views.
Three members of the Pussy Riot group were jailed for two years after a protest performance in February at the Cathedral of Christ the Savior over Orthodox Church support for Putin’s return to the Kremlin for a third term.
The Pussy Riot trial sparked international condemnation and several acts of vandalism against the church.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- PlutardesAmerica bought the Worst War with Islam20:14, 16/09/2012The American insult to Profet Mohammed of Islam was not racism, or mockery, or the momentum of an otherwise bad American rationalism. The USA is isolated not only from Islam, but separated from many currents of Social, Political, economic and religious trends all thoughout the globe. The film in YOUTUBE criticizing Islam displays an American "frivolous" discussion that shows the ugly prospects of the USA, primitive, ingenuous, archaic intelligence. America is in dire straits and its watchdogs are in crisis - Situation for the USA, Hopeless, America is out of order, since the partial destruction of the Pentagon on 9/11 and continuing its melt down, ruined policies for the world, configuring the ARAB FALL, the latter is a continuation of the ARAB SPRING. Islam has one billion religious adepts in the World. America bought the worst war.
- Wolfgang9Easy found on the Internet:22:28, 16/09/2012His opinion on Jesus:
email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
He better stays in Russia!
Image Galleries: Yury Gagarin: A down-to-earth person
Infographics: The Linguistic Diversity of the Planet
Ukraine has not preserved its 1991 borders. The signing of the Geneva memorandum on April 17 reaffirmed the willingness of Russia, the United States and EU countries to reach a compromise. While the sides continue to trade tough talk and symbolic sanctions, the Kremlin and the White House are also holding a parallel dialogue on the coordinated geopolitical revision of Eastern Europe.