Topic: BRICS Summit in India
MOSCOW, March 28 (RIA Novosti)
- BRICS to Develop Global Agenda – Putin
- BRICs Still Not in Position to Withstand Economic Shocks – Survey
- Top law experts to mull BRICS countries’ legal challenges in Moscow
- BRICS to agree joint position on EU situation says Medvedev
- BRICS to help solve eurozone problems - Russian Deputy Finance Minister
The BRICS group of emerging economies support a plan toset up a new joint development bank known as the South-South bank to finance various projects in their states, Russia's Economic Development Minister Elvira Nabiullina said on Wednesday in Delhi.
"The idea of establishing the bank ... is supported by all BRICS countries," Nabiullina said after a meeting in Delhi with her counterparts from Brazil, India, China and South Africa, but did not specify any more details.
India first suggested in February the idea of the South-South bank to promote mutual investment and trade among the five states.
"There are a lot of development banks [in the world]. We need a really serious portfolio of joint investment and trade projects [to reach the goal]," Nabiullina added.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Image Galleries: Russia in World War I
Infographics: World War I, 1914-1918