Speaking with German Chancellor Angela Merkel, Russian President Vladimir Putin stressed the need to exclude the opportunity for the Ukrainian government forces to shell civilians in the country's eastern regions, Kremlin said in a press release Thursday.
President of the European Commission Jose Barroso in a letter to Russian President Vladimir Putin on Wednesday expressed the views of the European Union in regard to trade cooperation with Ukraine, Russia and the EU.
- Russia to Start Field Tests of ‘Future Soldier’ Gear in December
- US Must Stay Engaged As Russia and China Stake Out Near Abroad: Deputy Defense Secretary
- Russian Army to Deploy Three More Iskander Missile Brigades by 2016
- S-400 Air Defense Regiment Takes up Duty in Russia's South
- Lavrov: 400 Bodies Found in Ukraine Mass Graves Are Evidence of War Crime
- Barroso to Putin: EU Concerned About Possible Trade Barriers Between Russia, Ukraine
The President of the state-run monopoly Russian Railways, Vladimir Yakunin, spoke to Rossiya Segodnya on Friday, touching on subjects including the ongoing crisis in Ukraine and its effect on the company, the new round of Western-imposed sanctions, exciting new projects which are being undertaken by the railway giant, and more. The head of the multi-billion dollar company noted that while recent sanctions may have affected his options when it comes to tourism, cooperation with Western partners continues.
The Plekhanov Russian University of Economics (PRUE) is introducing several new degree programs this academic year. In an interview with Rossiya Segodnya, the university’s Vice Principal, Leonid Bragin, talks student exchange programs, dual degrees and teaching in English.