The US Vice President has hold a phone conversation with the Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk, during which he congratulated Ukrainians with "successful, orderly, democratic elections" and discussed the gas issue, international financial aid to Ukraine.
Russia will approve a $100 per 1,000 cubic meters gas discount for gas supplies to Ukraine in the next few days if Kiev pays off $1.451 billion in Russian gas debt immediately and $1.65 billion by the end of 2014 to guarantee winter gas supplies.
Russia has announced that the today's final delivery of Russian Mi-17 helicopters to Afghanistan "caps a successful program" and as for now, the Afghan government has not requested to purchase additional air force equipment.
- Kremlin Spokesman Peskov's Response to Putin's Alleged Cancer: Bite Your Tongue!
- Russia Test Fires Bulava Sea-Based Ballistic Missile
- Russia Should Ask for Refund if France Delays Mistral Delivery: Defense Committee
- Who and What Is Causing the Decline in Oil Prices, and Where Will It Lead?
- Donetsk People's Republic Plans to Take Control of Mariupol: DPR Prime Minister
- Crashed US Supply Rocket Antares Partly Developed in Ukraine: Design Office
Yoann Bernard is a renowned French chef who has recently taken the helm of The Ritz-Carlton's Café Russe in Moscow; on the eve of International Chefs’ Day, he told RIA Novosti what kinds of adjustments had to be made to the menu due to “food sanctions”, his love of winter in Russia, and the way he deals with his most capricious customers.
During his annual press conference roundtable with Russian journalists, Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko discussed the Ukrainian crisis, the ceasefire agreement signed in Minsk at the Trilateral Contact Group meeting, sanctions and the relationship between Belarus, Russia, Ukraine and the West.