WASHINGTON, August 6 (RIA Novosti) - Pentagon is unaware of the exact location of multiple-launch rocket systems that Russia has allegedly supplied to the self-defense forces in eastern Ukraine, as the US Department of Defense has previously claimed.
“I don't have any specific information about their [multiple-launch rocket systems] whereabouts right now,” Pentagon spokesman Rear Admiral John Kirby said in the Pentagon Briefing Room. “We do continue to see the flow of some heavy equipment across the border to assist separatists. Some of it's ephemeral. It doesn't stay. Some of it does. It's difficult to get a bead on exactly what's going and when but the support to the separatists continues and it needs to stop.”
Kirby also noted that there are at least 10,000 Russian troops along the border with Ukraine and that they are “very capable.”
“I continue to believe that's true but I'm not going to speculate about the numbers, exactly what they are,” Kirby said adding that the numbers “aren't the key metric here.”
Washington has repeatedly accused Russia of supplying weapons to the self-defense forces in eastern Ukraine. In response, Moscow warned against making such allegations while no evidence can be presented. Russia repeatedly said that it did not supply weapons, or sent military personnel to eastern Ukraine.