- Obama Seeks Approval From Congress for Syria Attack
- US Congress to Discuss Syria Strike After Sept. 9 – House Speaker
- Obama: No Date For Syrian Strike
- Obama: US Military Operation Will Be Limited
- Obama: US Will Operate In Syria Without UN Security Council Approval
- Obama: Military Attack Against Syria Should Be Limited to Prevent Assad's Regime from Using Chemical Weapons
MOSCOW, August 31 (RIA Novosti) – US diplomats have allegedly canceled a telephone conversation between Secretary of State John Kerry and his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov, a diplomatic source told RIA Novosti on Saturday.
The source said that the conversation was hastily arranged ahead of US President Barack Obama’s announcement about a military operation in Syria. But then US diplomats unexpectedly canceled the conversation without providing any reasons, it said.
Obama said that he was prepared to launch a military strike against the government of Syrian President Bashar Assad after getting a sanction to use military force from the US Congress.
His decision followed the Aug. 21 chemical weapons attack allegedly perpetrated by Syrian government forces that killed 1,429 people, including 426 children, outside Damascus.
Russia has been Syria's most important ally during the civil that has claimed at least 100,000 lives since March 2011, according to the UN.
Moscow along with Beijing vetoed three UN Security Council resolutions against Assad's government.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- tec123Another defeat for Russia they will never learn never!06:45, 01/09/2013It serves Russian and Lavrov damn good for they never listen that the West does not give a hoot of what Russia's think.
- bielecKerry's acting like a cowboy13:15, 01/09/2013Russia was trying to derail and delay the American drive on Syria only to learn that the Americans are determined to bomb Syria regardless of the results of UN investigation, regardless of Russia's diplomatic efforts, regardless of the lack of support, and regardless of international law.
American determination to go ahead with the attack now, before the conclusion of UN investigation, proves that the use of chemical weapons in Syria was a false flag operation fabricated by the U.S / Israel / Saudi and their terrorists in order to provide a pretext for direct aggression.
I was afraid that, at the end, the only option left would be a military confrontation and a raw force. This is the only thing Yankees understand. I am not saying "Do it" but consider it and consult with your allies a.s.a.p. There is not much time left.
- LocoIvanIncessant nonsense of a nutless recreant16:45, 01/09/2013‘…military confrontation and a raw force. This is the only thing Yankees understand.’
What a load of compulsive drivel. The Americans are not going to ENABLE the obstructionist pathological denial of the inherently weak Russians and Chinese any longer at the U.N. They are ‘wannabe’ global players who don’t have the strength or fortitude to get off there a*ses and do SOMETHING. There tired ploy of perpetual calls for negotiations with a recreant criminal Alawite stooge are laughable, all in the name of delay, delay, delay.
Therefore, once again, the only country that has the nuts to ACT will have to ‘go it alone’ and use limited force, depending on whether or not their Congress authorizes it, the only thing those inhabitants in the region understand.
- BlizzardCriminal intent16:07, 01/09/2013It is my opinion that Obama is now reacting as offended child. UK public clearly does not support any military action against Syria as well as in Germany as it bases on lies and fabricated evidence provided by the Israel who is very eager to see Syria being eradicated from the political map. Therefore their evidence are same as evidence which they provided to US about Irak's WMD and were false, deceptive and with criminal intent.
As we know nothing is straight forward and same applies on Obama's decision to attack Syria, no matter weather the proof of guilt exists or not. If his drive to avenge innocent civilian deaths is so strong, then US would need to throw nuclear bombs on Israel to avenge hundred of thousands of killed innocent Palestinians, on destroying their livelihood, destroying their life and causing genocide and ethnocide over the entire nation.
And on the top of all he would need to imprison and execute all previous US presidents and politicians, lobbyists and himself including for all atrocities US committed in every single war against innocent civilians that it was involved to.
We know that this is not going to happen and that all his speech about punishing culprits for wrong doing is bullshit. Obama wants as Clinton did with Serbia to punish Russia and to further limits Russian influence in the world. More than anything with Russia is pissing him off Putin's acceptance of Snowden and possible secrets Russia can learn from Snowden.
After Putin's rejection of Snowden's extradition all went wrong in their relation. Obama just could no longer pretend that he can even look at Putin and on top of all other reasons that one is viable as well.
Obama as I already mentioned behaves as upset kiddo who cannot suppress his emotions and due to limited intelligence does not see consequences of his actions.
It seams to me that Obama is heading for cold international isolation if he presses ahead with unjust and illegal criminal act of violence against Syria.
Putin on other hand should understand that the relation between US and Russia will be never ever warm and friendly as Russia is to strong US counterpart for their taste and that will always cause mistrust.
US would accept Russia as their friendly partner if Russia would give up all their military industry, disband armed forces and sell all their natural resources to US corporations and eventually accept US appointed and nominated Governor General (US citizen off course) as Russia's supreme leader.
Putin wake up and make sure that your allays know that they can count on Russia in good and bad times alike.
- tec123Again I say all Russia do is talk and the West knows this all too well!13:32, 02/09/2013Dear all can you all not see we are wasting out time here with Russia doing anything to protect its interest? Mark my words Russia will be double crossed in Syria should they allowed an attacked. A oil pipe line will be in the makings for sure and Russia will be squeezed politically and economically.
Image Galleries: Hungry Hippos, Tiny Tamarins and Other Animal News
Infographics: First Russian Smartphone
Russia has surged ahead on the foreign policy stage, but this is not enough to remain a great power. The tough-minded policies and masterful diplomacy of Russia’s leadership have maximized the country’s position in the world, and are now the main source of its international influence and prestige. Russia’s foreign policy in the next decade depends entirely on what happens at home.