- Obama: US Military Operation Will Be Limited
- Obama: Strike Against Syria After Congress Approval
- Obama: US Will Operate In Syria Without UN Security Council Approval
- Obama: Military Attack Against Syria Should Be Limited to Prevent Assad's Regime from Using Chemical Weapons
- Obama: Assad's Regime Responsible for Chemical Attack Outside Damascus
MOSCOW, August 31 (RIA Novosti) – US President Barack Obama said Saturday that the date of the US military operation against Syria has not been determined yet.
The US is “prepared to strike whenever we choose,” he said. “It will be effective tomorrow, or next week, or one month from now. I’m prepared to give that order.”
He said that he will seek the approval of US Congress for the operation, but may act without the authorization of the United Nations Security Council.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Image Galleries: Hungry Hippos, Tiny Tamarins and Other Animal News
Infographics: First Russian Smartphone
Russia has surged ahead on the foreign policy stage, but this is not enough to remain a great power. The tough-minded policies and masterful diplomacy of Russia’s leadership have maximized the country’s position in the world, and are now the main source of its international influence and prestige. Russia’s foreign policy in the next decade depends entirely on what happens at home.