* A probe is underway to find out how a 12-year-old boy managed to sneak into the international departures zone of the Brussels airport and board a plane to Spain without a ticket, Belgium’s RTBF broadcaster said
* One policeman was killed and 59 others were injured during several days of clashes, which broke out in the North African country after the assassination of opposition leader Shokri Belaid, Al Arabiya satellite TV channel reported
* Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili has called Prime Minister Bidzina Ivanishvili and his supporters for talks on Monday regarding “constitutional changes” amid the growing political crisis in the country
* The UN and Arab League's envoy for Syria, Lakhdar Brahimi, met with Syrian opposition chief Ahmed Moaz al-Khatib in Cairo on Sunday to discuss his offer to talk with the Syrian government, Al Mayadeen TV has reported
* The US Magnitsky Act, which introduces sanctions for Russian officials deemed to have violated human rights, is a demonstrative step replacing the outdated Jackson-Vanik amendment, Russia’s foreign minister said on
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
August 22 marks 110th anniversary of the birth of Deng Xiaoping, the architect of reforms in the People’s Republic of China. His role in shaping the history of modern China is difficult to overstate. His Chinese model is too specific to be copied in other countries, such as Russia.