Topic: Protests in Syria
- No Syria Settlement Prospects Yet - Russian Deputy FM
- Assad Says Israel’s Air Strike Aimed at “Destabilizing” Syria
- US-Russia Cooperation Should Continue - Vice President Biden
- Russia Denies Rumors of Planned Talks with Syrian Opposition
- Russia Slams Clinton’s “Bias” Over Moscow’s Syria Position
BRUSSELS, February 8 (RIA Novosti) – EU leaders called for a political transition in the crisis-hit Syria on Friday but said they see no role of President Bashar al-Assad in the process.
“[European Council] expresses its support for the Syrian population's aspirations and for the Syrian National Coalition as legitimate representatives of the Syrian people, and stresses the need for a political transition towards a future without Assad and his illegitimate regime,” the Council said in a statement outlining its conclusions of the two-day summit in Brussels.
The bloc's 27 leaders called for “an immediate end to violence” in Syria and expressed “concern over the widespread and systematic violations of human rights and international humanitarian law, for which the Assad regime carries the primary responsibility.”
Syria has been locked in an increasingly bloody civil war since demonstrations broke out against President Assad in March 2011. According to UN estimates, at least 60,000 people have been killed in the conflict.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- rochefortfrancoisbla bla bla...02:48, 09/02/2013The world is calling France political transition without Holland.
- mikaelforsbergWhat is EU?15:16, 09/02/2013The EU is a non democratic association formed by different banksters and former nazis from the Bilderberggroup and they have no right to demand a new leader in another country. That is upon the people of Syria to decide for their own country. The EU doesn't allow the people in the countries they claim to represent any chance of voting for either the president of EU nor if they want continued membership in the organization.
Instead of claiming that Europe want Assad to leave his position we the people rather want Herman Rompoy to leave and let the people in all European countries individually decide about what our own opinion is.
Most people in Europe want sovereign states and no nazi banksters ruling everything and getting us into wars all over the world.
The EU must go, and leave all countries free of the EU dictatorship.
Image Galleries: Yury Gagarin: A down-to-earth person
Infographics: Sochi Paralympics Medal Count
The project of a Eurasian Union can be considered as a response to the consequences of neo-liberal globalisation, which led to economic and moral decline in the countries forming the Commonwealth of Independent States. It is part of a more general movement in world politics towards regionalisation.