STOCKHOLM, October 15 (RIA Novosti)
- EU Wins Nobel Peace Prize
- Chinese Writer Mo Yan Wins 2012 Nobel Prize in Literature
- US 'Smart Receptor' Scientists Win Nobel Prize in Chemistry
- US, French Scientists Win Nobel Physics Prize
- Japanese, British Scientists Awarded Nobel Medicine Prize
Americans Alvin E. Roth from Harvard and Lloyd S. Shapley from the University of California have been awarded the Nobel Prize for economics, the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences announced on Monday.
The two economists were recognized for their work on "the theory of stable allocations and the practice of market design."
This is the last of the 2012 Nobel Prizes to be announced.
The Prize in Economic Sciences was created by the Swedish central bank in Nobel's memory in 1968. Each award is worth 8 million Swedish kronor, or about $1.2 million.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Islamic terrorism is gaining momentum, and is all about ideological opposition to European Christian values. This is an aggressive young radical ideology that attracts followers across the world. And it will only grow stronger on the world political stage.