MADRID, September 26 (RIA Novosti)
- Hundreds of Thousands Protest Labor Reform in Spain
- Spain borrowing cost falls in bond auction
- Moody's downgrades Spain two notches, outlook negative
- Moody's places Spain's Aa2 long-term sovereign rating on CreditWatch
At least 65 people were injured and 27 arrested as baton-wielding police clashed with protesters, who attempted to surround the building of the Spanish parliament in Madrid, local television channels reported.
The violence flared up on Tuesday night after participants of the Occupa el Congresso (Occupy the Congress) movement tried to break through the metal barriers, set by police, and move closer to the parliament’s building.
Television channels reported that 27 policemen, who also fired rubber bullets on protesters, were injured in the clashes, while authorities estimated the total number of protesters at 6,000.
Participants of the movement, which is also known as ‘indignados,’ are protesting against the high level of unemployment in the country, corruption in the current political system and unpopular reformations in economic, educational and health spheres.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- lmWhere are the Western press, Human Right and EU?07:20, 26/09/2012If this same satiation had take place in Russia my, my the Western press would be working overtime, also Russian useless oppositions, NGO's, Human right hypocrites, Moscow Times newspapers, US states Department, Russian PM who seems to be over head and heels into the Liberal camp, columnist like Von Eggret and a few others who don’t like Russia and Putin would have a field day
Image Galleries: Oscar de la Renta Creative Genius in Pictures
Infographics: Nobel Peace Prize
During the 11th Annual Meeting to be held in Sochi from October 22 to 24, experts of the Valdai International Discussion Club will focus on whether the global community will develop ground rules for the world politics or whether it will be a game without any rules where everyone fend for themselves.