BEIRUIT, September 19 (RIA Novosti)
- Israel Conducts Military Exercise Along Syrian Border
- Russia Urges UN Approval of Syria Communique
- Iran Admits Military Presence in Syria
- UN’s Syria Envoy Arrives in Damascus for Talks with Assad
- Russia Calls for Syrian Ceasefire
The civil war raging in Syria is targeting not only Damascus but the entire “axis of resistance” formed with its allies, Syrian President Bashar al-Assad said on Wednesday.
Syria, Iran, its closest ally in the region, as well as the Lebanese Shiite movement Hezbollah and Hamas, the de facto rulers of the Gaza Strip, refer to themselves as an "axis of resistance" in their common opposition to Israel.
"The ongoing war is targeting the entire axis of resistance, not just Syria," the Syrian SANA news agency quoted the president as saying at a meeting with Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi.
The Syrian conflict has claimed up to 20,000 lives according to estimates by various Syrian opposition groups. The Syrian authorities say 8,000 have been killed.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- PlutardesThe USA responses to Islam may take years19:04, 20/09/2012When the United States puts into practice a policy like a war, it is known that the given policy took MONTHS OR YEARS OF PLANNING. The resulting policies from planning once were performed in the premises of the Pentagon until the gigantic crisis of September 11 took place when all the values of global intelligence of the USA were questioned in what it was once conceived as an affair linked to the Pentagon, until the latter was challanged as the once safest American venture. The USA response to the latest Arab Spring may take months, if not years for such newest policy to be put into final, effective practice by the USA. The 9/11 partial destruction of the Pentagon represents shame and incompetence of the American DEFENCE, internationally and domestically.
- arsanlupinShame and incompetence is ...21:01, 20/09/2012… making something imaginary out of almost nothing - "a tempest in a teapot" as the Brits are so fond of saying.
"Shame and incompetence" is knowingly wildly exaggerating < 9% damage (repaired in months) into "partial destruction", "gigantic crisis" and "values questioned". (The only values questioned were the old paint scheme in the hallways of the E ring.) It shows a level of desperation in trying to say something significant ... and knowing, deep inside themselves, that they persistently fail utterly.
"Shame and incompetence" is knowingly inventing concepts and ideas that never really existed, solely for the purpose of venting your anger towards something you obviously know nothing about.
"Shame and incompetence" is also using totally off-topic articles to post one of their favorite trolling rants.
Image Galleries: Verkhovna Rada Elections in Ukraine: Darth Vader and Friends
Infographics: Nobel Peace Prize
The 11th Meeting of the Valdai International Discussion Club: The World Order: New Rules or No Rules?
The opening session entitled The Limits of Governability, or Systemic Failure provided the basis for subsequent discussions and highlighted the most painful issues in contemporary international relations.