ROME, September 17 (RIA Novosti)
Italian weekly magazine Chi has become the third media outlet to publish topless photos of the Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton, as lawyers for the British royal family prepared to go to court on Monday to stop further publication of the snaps.
Earlier, the French magazine Closer and the Irish newspaper The Daily Star had published the controversial photos, taken by a paparazzi photographer while Middleton was sunbathing in France.
Chi published an array of exclusive photos in addition to originals that were released by the other publications, and did not blur out the image of Middleton's breasts. The spread occupied 19 pages in the magazine as well as the cover, which carried the title "The Naked Queen."
The British royal family has already said it will sue the photographer responsible for taking the photos, and a lawsuit against the Mondadori media group, which owns both Closer and Chi, for invasion of privacy has already been filed in a French court.
The family on Monday was seeking an injuction that would have prevented the Italian magazine from publishing the photos.
"We will be seeking an injunction from them using the pictures, and it will lead to a longer court case where damages will be sought," the palace spokesman said Sunday, according to The Guardian.
Middleton, through her marriage to Prince William, is line to become the future Queen of England.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Earlier this month, Russia hosted the Fourth International Meeting of the Arctic Council at Naryan-Mar, a seaport in the Barents Sea, to discuss issues relating to the infrastructure and safety of ships passing through the Northern Sea Route (NSR).