Topic: Protests in Syria
MOSCOW, September 16 (RIA Novosti)
- UN’s Syria Envoy Arrives in Damascus for Talks with Assad
- Russia Calls for Syrian Ceasefire
- Russia Proposes Convening Conference on Syria
- Syrian Opposition Hopes Russia Helps Resolve Conflict
- Arab Invasion in Syria ‘Not an Option’ – UN Envoy
Members of Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps are providing non-military assistance in Syria, the corps commander said at a press conference in Tehran on Sunday.
According to Gen. Mohammad Ali Jafari, the corps members are providing only "intellectual and advisory help" in Syria where an armed conflict has escalated into a full-scale civil war that has claimed up to 20,000 lives, according to estimates by various Syrian opposition groups.
Jafari also said that if Syria comes under attack, Iran, which has supported Syria's President Bashar al-Assad’s regime, will offer military assistance.
“It will totally depend on the circumstances,” the Iranian general added.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- rochefortfrancoisbla bla bla,,13:01, 18/09/2012We all (normal silent people) hope Iran and many more countries will provide Syria the help they need to restore peace and eliminate avery terrorist on their soil as fast as possible.
Infographics: World War I, 1914-1918