Topic: Iran's nuclear program
MOSCOW, September 7 (RIA Novosti)
- UN Chief Calls for Diplomatic Solution to Iran Problem
- Iran's Bushehr Nuclear Plant at 'Full Capacity'
- Iran’s Behavior in Syria ‘Destructive’ - U.S. State Dept.
- U.S. Congress Passes New Sanctions Against Iran
Canada has frozen diplomatic relations with Iran and will expel Iranian diplomats from Canada, Foreign Minister John Baird announced on Friday.
Ottawa has formally listed Iran as a state sponsor of terrorism under the Justice for Victims of Terrorist Act, he said.
"Iran is among the world's worst violators of human rights. It shelters and materially supports terrorist groups," Baird said.
All Iranian diplomats in Canada have been declared personae non gratae and must leave within five days. All Canadian diplomats have already left Iran.
"Canada views the government of Iran as the most significant threat to global peace and security in the world today," Baird said in a statement.
The United States, Israel and a number of Western European countries suspect Iran of running a nuclear weapons program under the guise of a civil nuclear project. Iran denies this and maintains its nuclear ambitions are purely peaceful. Iran is the subject of a raft of sanctions by the U.S. and the European Union.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- kylesvetThanks20:32, 07/09/2012The person who expressed criticism has similar faults to the person being criticized. This classic retort to an insult dates from the early 1900s. For example, You say she's a terrible cook? It takes one to know one! For a synonym, see pot calling the kettle black. A near equivalent is the proverbial it takes a thief to catch a thief , meaning "no one is better at finding a wrongdoer than another wrongdoer." First recorded in 1665, it remains current.
- moistNo news...20:59, 07/09/2012...this is the next and final zionist occupied territory in north-America. Hopfully Parti Québécois and Pauline Marois will join Russia BRICS and the rest of the free world!
- PlutardesNATO does not have much power.21:57, 07/09/2012The West is divided and without leadership at all levels and spheres. The United Nations Security Council does not have any leadership. The main geopolitical role at the UN has authorship in Russia and China. In the eurozone, there is no adequate fiscal union also because of a lack of leadership. In the Middle East the main Western interests are "guns" to the Syrian Rebels that are very disenfranchised by the West itself with a lack of leadership also without any plan for the region. NATO is a lame duck when this is close to the American Presidential election with no military breakthrough by NATO, at least not by Barack Obama. The West is still within the DEBT CRISIS of 2008. Western Powers are fragmented.
- PETEPETEPETE(no title)22:26, 07/09/2012"Iran is among the world's worst violators of human rights. It shelters and materially supports terrorist groups,"
Classic "accuse your enemies of being what you are".
- rochefortfrancoisbla bla bla..01:47, 08/09/2012...democracy at a glance....we never mandate our gov to follow this stupid path of imperialism and zombietism
Image Galleries: Yury Gagarin: A down-to-earth person
Infographics: The Linguistic Diversity of the Planet
The clash of Russian and Western interests has given rise to a geopolitical battle. German politicians are trying to leave all doors and windows open for dialogue with Russia. Moscow does acknowledge this, and Germany is probably the only country with which it is ready to discuss European security.