BERLIN, September 4 (RIA Novosti)
- Merkel, Monti Urge Syrian Opposition to Prepare to Take Power
- New UN Envoy on Syria Rules Out Foreign Military Interference
- Syrian Opposition Asks U.S. to Introduce No-Fly Zone
- France Ready to Recognize Syrian Opposition Govt.
- Syrian Opposition May Be Ready for Dialogue - Moscow
- U.S. Gives Syrian Opposition $25 Mln in Nonlethal Aid
A working group on the economic restoration and development of Syria, that consists of Syria’s opposition members, will gather for a session on Tuesday in the German Foreign Ministry.
The ministry said in a statement that Abdel-Baset Seida, the chairman of the Syrian National Council, and Riad Seif, a council’s member, will attend the session in the German capital.
This is the second session of this group in Germany with the first one held on mid-August. The session will be opened by German Foreign Minister Guido Westerwelle and will be also attended by representatives from 60 countries.
The Syrian conflict has claimed up to 20,000 lives, according to estimates by various Syrian opposition groups. The West is pushing for President Bashar al-Assad’s ouster, while Russia and China are trying to prevent outside interference in Syria, saying the Assad regime and the opposition are both to blame for the bloodshed.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.