Topic: Middle East Conflict
GAZA CITY, September 1 (RIA Novosti)
- One Militant Dead, Two Wounded in Israeli Gaza Strikes
- Israel Shuts Gaza Border Crossing
- Israel 'Continues Gaza Strikes'
- One Militant Killed in Israeli Gaza Strike
- Gaza Militants Fire 9 Missiles Despite Ceasefire - Israel
- Gaza Militants ‘Ready’ for Truce After Deadly Clashes with Israel
Two Palestinians were hurt when Israeli F16 fighter jets attacked western Gaza City on Saturday morning, a health ministry spokesman said.
Medics and firefighters rushed to the scene at the Ash-Shifa Medical center.
The Israeli military said that it had raided two areas in the Gaza Strip in retaliation to homemade rockets fired into the south of the country.
"The sites were targeted in response to the continuous rocket fire towards southern Israel," it said in a statement, adding that the two areas are “training facilities” used by fighters of the Al-Qassam Brigades, the armed wing of Hamas.
“The Hamas terror organization is solely responsible for any terrorist activity emanating from the Gaza Strip," it said.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Erdogan will continue to help consolidate Islam’s influence in public life and use Islam as a political issue. It is hard to say what Turkey will do in the Muslim world, but Erdogan obviously does not need any more turmoil in neighboring countries.