BEIRUT, August 28 (RIA Novosti)
- Rebels Shoot Down Syrian Helicopter
- UN: Number of Syria Refugees Rises to 200,000
- U.S. Fears for Safety of Syrian Chemical Weapons Stockpiles
- Over 2.5 Million People in Syria Need Aid - USAID Official
Twin blasts during a funeral killed 12 people and injured 48 in a predominantly Christian suburb of the Syrian capital Damascus on Tuesday, Syria’s state TV said.
The explosions occurred in the Jaramana neighborhood when a funeral procession for two victims of Monday’s car bomb blasts in the same district approached a local cemetery.
Earlier reports put the death toll at about 20.
The Syrian conflict has claimed up to 20,000 lives, according to estimates by various Syrian opposition groups. The West is pushing for President Bashar al-Assad’s ouster, while Russia and China are trying to prevent outside interference in Syria, saying the Assad regime and the opposition are both to blame for the bloodshed.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- PlutardesUSA militarism without an Army21:52, 28/08/2012In recent years the main world policy is the Global ECONOMY of the World Trade Organization - WTO, not US Dollar bills are making a difference from money printing, but true commerce ventures, true business with the blessing of the WTO where particular healthy economies congragate. Military movements are not making the difference in the WTO or in economic blocs. Wars are virtual White Elephants when they lack social, economic and political policies. Recently the Organization of American States went condemning the bad diplomatic treatment that Ecuador received from the United Kingdom, because the former gave political Asylum to Julian Assange in the Ecuador Embassy, downtown London. Iran is hosting 100 countries of the United Nations, non-aligned with the USA to discuss the nuclear program of that country. All the American answers are militarist even without an army with drones and supporting the rebels in Syria with guns. The militarism of the Asia-Pacific by the US may be baseless when the USA solution for the region lacks content.
Image Galleries: Oscar de la Renta Creative Genius in Pictures
Infographics: Nobel Peace Prize
During the 11th Annual Meeting to be held in Sochi from October 22 to 24, experts of the Valdai International Discussion Club will focus on whether the global community will develop ground rules for the world politics or whether it will be a game without any rules where everyone fend for themselves.