DAMASCUS, July 30 (RIA Novosti)
- Syrian Troops Continue Crackdown on Aleppo Rebels
- Syrian Army Launches Anti-Opposition Operation in Aleppo
- Russian, Western Differences on Syria Exaggerated – Medvedev
- Syrian Opposition Urges UN Security Council Action
- Actions outside UN Security Council Likely in Syria - Rice
The Syrian Foreign Ministry called on the UN Security Council on Monday to “force armed militant groups to leave Syria's cities and end their terrorist activity.”
In a letter to the UN Security Council, the ministry called the western stance on Syria “hypocritical,” saying the United States, France, Britain, Germany, Turkey, Qatar and Saudi Arabia were part of a “conspiracy against Syria.”
“It is regrettable that those who claim to care about Syria have never urged terrorist organizations to stop armed attacks and join the political process proposed by the UN and approved by Syria,” the document says.
Meanwhile, the U.S. State Department’s spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said on Monday that Washington would expand non-military aid to the Syrian opposition.
“There is serious, sustained, increasingly capable, increasingly well-organized opposition to this regime because they want change. They don't want to live under this kind of a brutal regime that would fire on its own people,” Nuland told a press briefing.
Since March 2011, the Syrian conflict has claimed 14,000-20,000 lives, according to estimates by Syrian opposition groups. The West is pushing for President Bashar al-Assad’s ouster, while Russia and China are trying to prevent outside interference in Syria saying the Assad regime and the opposition are both to blame for the bloodshed.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- SirkoTrue Colour of American Zionist Fascism...00:35, 31/07/2012Victoria Nuland...American Zionist Vermin.
Killing and maiming thousands of innocents to get your change of regime is perfectly acceptable. Massacring civilians and using civilians as shields and cities as warrens for rabid terrorists is perfectly acceptable to the vermin who control the corridors of power in Washington.
There is an avenging God Nuland you soulless B-with-an-Itch...!
Sitting down to talk is not acceptable. My God what evil is this in America???
'...humanitarian aid..." My ASS...!!! What despicable pieces of Sh*t have taken over America? Does that Magic Negro have any "cojones" at all or is he as we all suspect a waffling tool of International Zionism?
- drussianClose Down the Turkish Border23:13, 01/08/2012Today the terrorist in Syria recived MANPADS from Turkey. Mr. Assad, should be using his air superiority to prevent the movement of the terrorists supplies. This will entrap then in aleppo. However I feel he hasn't done this yet due to fear of defections.But there must be loyal pilots he should trust. Once that is done the terrorist are sure to run out of ammunition and spirit to fight on.
The main event of the third day of the 11th meeting of the Valdai International Discussion Club in Sochi was the closing session with President Vladimir Putin. The atmosphere was calm and open, despite the current political tensions and the Russia-West confrontation. The Russian president said that it corresponded to the spirit of the Valdai Club.