NEW DELHI, July 6 (RIA Novosti)
- At Least 16 People Killed in U.S. Drone Strike in Pakistan
- U.S. Drone Strike ‘Kills 5’ in Pakistan
- U.S. Drone Strike Kills 10 People in Pakistan
- Russia to Test Fly First Combat Drone in 2014
Some 20 people have been killed in a U.S. drone strike in north-western Pakistan, local television channels have reported.
A U.S. drone fired six rockets on Friday at a house in the town of Miran Shah, in the North Waziristan tribal region, where Taliban militants were believed to be hiding, reports said.
The strikes came just days after Pakistan agreed to reopen supply routes that the United States and its allies have used to supply their troops in Afghanistan.
Pakistan closed the routes last November after a U.S. airstrike killed 24 Pakistani soldiers in at a remote outpost near the Afghan border.
On Tuesday, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said the United States was “sorry for the losses suffered by the Pakistani military.” The statement came after months of protracted negotiations between U.S. officials and the Pakistani government, which has been seeking a formal U.S. apology for the airstrike as a condition of reopening the supply routes.
Islamabad has repeatedly criticized U.S. drone strikes on its territory as a violation of Pakistan’s sovereignty.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- SirkoThe Evil B-with-an-Itch Hitlery is always, Sorry...!!!02:18, 07/07/2012The American vampire is always sorry but the evil never stops. However, one must be realistic an consider that she is bringing democracy to the people of Pakistan..American style by killing them and sending them to heaven to get a better job...
The main event of the third day of the 11th meeting of the Valdai International Discussion Club in Sochi was the closing session with President Vladimir Putin. The atmosphere was calm and open, despite the current political tensions and the Russia-West confrontation. The Russian president said that it corresponded to the spirit of the Valdai Club.